Why become a member? ×

Songs you absolutely hate

lozkerr

10 hours ago, Waddo Soqable said:

Sounds about right yep 😁 ( or was it something about cider drinking...) 

Love the Wurzels. The very first time I played anything at all, live in front of an audience, was with Tommy Banner, their accordionist back in '64. I bet he's still not recovered from it!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, snorkie635 said:

Love the Wurzels. The very first time I played anything at all, live in front of an audience, was with Tommy Banner, their accordionist back in '64. I bet he's still not recovered from it!

Bet you haven't either.. Accordion, what were you thinkin'... 😁

Lady in Red if sung by Chris de Bleeaargh

Once watched Stars in their Eyes and a dude came on and did the song...wasn't too bad as the wannabe CdeB actually sang in tune. He must have won the show as during the reprise, the afromentioned CdeB came on and joined him as a duet and gave his normal 'eversoslightlyoutoftunebothsharpandflatsometimesallatonce' rendition which set my teeth on edge.

I'd rather listen to wall to wall Coldplay (who did some ok songs on their first album to be fair) 

BURN, by "Deep Purple" If I wanted a stoppy-starty, un-musical Hodge Podge of Posers showing off, topped off with a Billy Bragg 'cockney' accent, (it's pronounced 'Try' not 'Troooy')  I would have just gone to sleep, and had a nightmare. Former Members of Deep Purple in the Band, but the additional Members were an astonishingly wrong move. (IMHO of course).

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Geek99 said:

Cool bassline though 

I couldn't honestly tell you how it goes. I just can't get past the horrible vocals. As soon as I hear it I have to leave the room or turn it off. I may as well add that I do the same with "You'll Never Walk Alone", but just for different reasons. 😄

1 hour ago, Geek99 said:

Cool bassline though 

Talking of which I have just 'discovered' the bassline to 'Welcome to the Jungle' for a gig I'm doing on Saturday. It's cool and I'm enjoying learning it...ok so Victor Wooten it ain't, but it seems Duff has some chops, even though he plays his bass at knee-cap level.

Sorry, off topic.....

Edited by ricksterphil
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Crusoe said:

I couldn't honestly tell you how it goes. I just can't get past the horrible vocals. As soon as I hear it I have to leave the room or turn it off. I may as well add that I do the same with "You'll Never Walk Alone", but just for different reasons. 😄

I actually quite like ‘You’ll never walk alone’, and aren’t a footy fan either.

It’s one of those songs you think is easy to busk but then catches you out - well it has me a few times anyway.

Also love ‘Ferry cross the Mersey’ too, despite me having no Liverpool connection. Great tune.

• Like 1