Why become a member? ×

Songs you absolutely hate

lozkerr

17 hours ago, Waddo Soqable said:

Actually  "Wake me up before you go go" I've always thought annoying, luckily I've never been called upon to play it. 

I'm not a Wham hater as such tho.. as an incidental, a friend had some dealings with G. Michael long ago and aparrently he was a really nice chap and a top bloke by all accounts. 

Spookily someone's blaring Careless Whisper on their car stereo right outside just as I posted this

Not sure about hating it, but I would be a very happy bunny if I never had to listen to ‘Careless Whisper’

ever again. Such a dreary repetitive song, with the usual G. Michael angst laden vocal making the 4 chord

’tune’ so annoying. It seems to go on for ever.

And relax……

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, snorkie635 said:

'It's July but it's cold as Christmas in the middle of the year' according to Sir Elt (although you'd think he could afford the lecky bills and turn up his heating). 🥶

You'd think a quality "syrup" would afford some warmth wouldn't you.... 

• Haha 1

1)  Come On Eilleen - Dexy's Midnight Runners

2   American Pie - Don McClean.

3)  Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen (and most of their other songs as well)

And probably many many more, but these three are my particular dislikes.

I might be in a minority of 1 here but, I do like listening to and playing Mustang Sally

• Like 4

18 hours ago, pst62 said:

Mirror in the Bathroom by The Beat. shite melody, shite lyrics, shite band.

Blimey..your kidding right? Fantastic little well written pop tune. Great playing, and not bothered about the lyrics. To be fair not easy to do live cause everyones gotta be on point....but if you are then its fireworks.

45 minutes ago, greavesbass said:

Blimey..your kidding right? Fantastic little well written pop tune. Great playing, and not bothered about the lyrics. To be fair not easy to do live cause everyones gotta be on point....but if you are then its fireworks.

I agree, great tune although can’t hear it without seeing their bass player David Steele doing his 

strange off beat dance moves in my head. Same as when he formed Fine Young Cannibals too,

brilliant stuff and a very talented guy.

1 hour ago, Chezz55 said:

I might be in a minority of 1 here but, I do like listening to and playing Mustang Sally

Minority of at least two!

Offenbach's 'Galop Infernal' from his operetta 'Orphée aux Enfer' (most often used for the French  'Can-can' dance...). Not heard a great deal else from him that I like either, but that's the utter pits, for me. ¬¬

2 hours ago, casapete said:

Not sure about hating it, but I would be a very happy bunny if I never had to listen to ‘Careless Whisper’

ever again. Such a dreary repetitive song, with the usual G. Michael angst laden vocal making the 4 chord

’tune’ so annoying. It seems to go on for ever.

And relax……

The Frankie Goes To Hollywood track? I thought that was Holly Johnson on vocals and only had one chord?

• Haha 1

Tina Turner's version of Proud Mary. 

I'll quite happily listen to the original by CCR, but there's just something about Tina Turner's version I dispise. Compounded by the way any woman has to do that horrible, bent over, arm pumpy shuffle thing whenever it comes on in a pub. 

5 hours ago, Crusoe said:

Anything by Robbie Williams, especially "Angels" "Let Me Entertain You". Rubbish music, dreadful lyrics, crap singer.

"Zombie" by The Cranberries. Tedious and boring to play.

I won't listen to LMEY out of choice, but our band plays it in our core set and it is quite fun to play.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chezz55 said:

I have an odd fondness for it, but only because I heard a band, in a bar, in Barcelona playing it, only, with the Catalan accent, it sound like Mooostangh Sallee. I found that very amusing

Very few songs I can’t see any value in. I don’t like Autumn Leaves because it’s usually the first song called in every annoyingly mediocre jam session.

One more supporting vote for Mustang Sally… it can be such a great groove 

2 hours ago, Crusoe said:

I have an odd fondness for it, but only because I heard a band, in a bar, in Barcelona playing it, only, with the Catalan accent, it sound like Mooostangh Sallee. I found that very amusing

I am the same with Zombie that someone else mentioned - I heard it being done in a subway in Montreal, by someone who clearly didn't know English at all, and had reduced it down to its phonetics, which in the chorus is just the vowels 'Eee orrr ehh, Eee orr ehh'

• Haha 1