Why become a member? ×

Pseudonyms

Kevin Dean

My name is Nick. My surname begins with O. So its not really a pseudonym.

I wrote an on line blog for a few years and in some cases was critical of people and companies that might have caused some problems and assumed a pseudonym for obvious reasons. It didn't go down when well when one of our friends stumbled on the blog and told Mrs Nicko. On the blog she was called Genghis. I eventually got bold enough to post photos on the blog that would enable people to identify me.

[quote name='Steve Browning' timestamp='1505461747' post='3372031']
I'm actually Adam Clayton but too ashamed to admit to it on a bass player's forum.
[/quote]

Hahahahahahaha. It is clear to me that you are not. I say this having listened to some of your band's clips from your website as posted recently in the band website topic. Good one.

[quote name='Jus Lukin' timestamp='1505404322' post='3371686']
Actually, I used to use my full name, but after reading a thread as to the origins of our usernames I realised perhaps I should have been a bit more security conscious and changed it- but then I'm on Facebook, so what difference does it really make?

[/quote]

I use a pseudonym on Facebook as well! I'd say it's more important to use one on there than on here. :lol:

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1505425590' post='3371904']
when your name is John Smith, it becomes difficult
[/quote]

I'm familiar with that problem! But not many [s]S[/s]Daves who lived in Finland. I've been using the name FinnDave from sometime in the late 90s onwards. I moved there in '96, so it was obviously after that!

Edited by FinnDave

[quote name='FinnDave' timestamp='1505475026' post='3372179']
I'm familiar with that problem! But not many Saves who lived in Finland. I've been using the name FinnDave from sometime in the late 90s onwards. I moved there in '96, so it was obviously after that!
[/quote]

So it IS a pseudonym ... your real name is FinnSave.

:)