Why become a member? ×

What is your "floor filler"?

FuNkShUi

[quote name='Rich' timestamp='1462960984' post='3047240']
The ones that always seem to get people up are Dancing In The Streets, I Want You Back (segued into ABC), Walking On Sunshine, Uptown Funk, and Enjoy Yourself.
[/quote]

Tried Jackson 5 before with a different singer. Didn't work before, could well work now though.
Who is Enjoy Yourself by??

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1462960306' post='3047233']
I only play originals so have never played anything anyone is remotely interested in, let alone danced too...
[/quote]
Ha! I feel tour pain.

When I played in a covers band it was Spirit in the Sky that got the dancefloor full.

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1462958907' post='3047205']
I'm going to take a wild guess that you mean [i][b]Hi Ho Silver Lining[/b][/i] ...
[/quote]

Yes, thank you. I'm afraid my memory is getting worse.

We're an acoustic band (doublebass, mandolin, guitar and cajon), our version of Push It by Salt 'n' Peppa which morphs into My Sharona with the verse of The Buzzcocks' Ever Fallen in Love sang over the baseline to Push It in the middle.
Sounds mad but gets everyone up dancing.

Edited by Maude

[quote name='PaulGibsonBass' timestamp='1462953965' post='3047143']
Chelsea Dagger. Never fails to get the floor filled, girls bouncing, guys with their pints held aloft.
[/quote]

Yep, this always has the same response for us too. Also Blitzkrieg Bop gets the balding ex-punks up for a pogo that their calf muscles will regret the next morning.

[quote name='spike' timestamp='1462996097' post='3047736']
Two that do it for us are Good Times and You've Got The Love
[/quote]

We mash those two up, and it's definitely a floor filler.

Playing a lot of 50's/60's stuff in my functions band and these surprisingly still go down well with younger audiences too - Shout (Lulu version!), Tutti Frutti, Shake rattle & roll, and boots....shake your tail feather & proud Mary seem to get the audiences doing collaborative weird dances. Our rendition of the Star Wars Cantina band is always a winner for the band