Why become a member? ×

The bass you'll never sell

keefbaker

4 minutes ago, Elfrasho said:

Would love to hear any stories from the folk that posted in the thread in 2017, if they've sold their unsellable basses!

On 28/04/2016 at 11:20, Lozz196 said:

Unless I really need to sell it, my 1st US 2015 Fender Precision (I now have two), as I did my first Rebellion Festival with that bass, and recorded our 2nd album on it, two things which mean a great deal to me. Plus it plays great, looks great, sounds great, and isn`t too heavy, all of which help.

Still with me, unlike everything else I had at the time of my post as above. It’s now done a good few Rebellion Festivals, a further two albums and a few European tours. It’s now strictly home use only tho, means too much to me to take it out of the home.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Elfrasho said:

Would love to hear any stories from the folk that posted in the thread in 2017, if they've sold their unsellable basses!

On the 28th April 28 2016, I said

"I have two. Shuker custom 5 and Wal Pro 2E."

Still have them. :D

• Like 3

Oh dear, the embarrassing revisit of what I said 7 years ago.

Do I still have the Gibson RD Artist I said I'd never sell?  No.  I went through a bad financial patch and ended up having a bit of a clearout.  C'est la vie.

I make no promises now :D

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, neepheid said:

Oh dear, the embarrassing revisit of what I said 7 years ago.

Do I still have the Gibson RD Artist I said I'd never sell?  No.  I went through a bad financial patch and ended up having a bit of a clearout.  C'est la vie.

I make no promises now :D

Been there, so my sympathies. Needs must sometimes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, snorkie635 said:

That looks really nice. I love 'natural' finish basses. Look after it and thanks for sharing.

I think i have also a second bass i would never give away - Fender 2003. refinished, fretted Jaco artist series jazz bass

jazz_bass_refinished.jpg

• Like 1

Yamaha RBX4-A2 Aircraft Grey/White

First gen' Squier VMJ, they were all natural maple back when I were'a lad. 

Spector Q4, granite. 

Westfield B1000, in pink and maple

Everything else comes and goes and I can imagine this peasants quartet flicking the V's as the new pretenders exit the building. 

Luckily, my rabbit hole wasn't too deep when it came to spendy stuff, Stingray, US Fender, Aria SB etc didn't stay long....

.....more like those family relatives that stay at Christmas....great company at first, but I soon realise, I've heard it before and can't wait to see the back of them😉

Edited by iconic

On 15/10/2016 at 08:48, Paul S said:

Proves how fickle I am - I recently parted company with the 'bass I would never sell' - it having been usurped by another I re-united it with a former owner.

The new 'bass I would never sell', right up until I sell it, is a JV Squier Precision in black with a caramel aged maple neck that has a holographic flame in the neck and now sports a black pick guard, Gotoh Resolite tuners and Schaller bridge. Weighs in at 8lbs.

7 years on I still have it, which is kind of surprising given my track record.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorta with OP on this. I've got a few that I like, but recently got a custom GB cutlass body (heavy, though!) and put on a Status graphite neck 

and an original Lane Poor pic-up and an original EBMM bridge. Preamp is just a passive VTT.  

So far, there is nothing this one won't do better than anything else I have. Thumpy, slappy, cutting,blending...

No it doesn't do the best Pbass, but I have one of those (and have had many) and just don't use it that much except to 

get in the door with new bands where that's just sort of expected to be the "tool of choice". 

But, I'm old and I'll probably change my mind tomorrow. I'm okay with that, too.

• Like 1