Why become a member? ×

This girl is just.!! WOW

bubinga5

Im not really into very intricate noodling, but when it sounds this good I'm all ears., i will lay my hat down to this kid, she is a bad ass on the bass.. The solo @ 2.00 minutes is just astonishing. . Incredible technique the girl has. She's 16 years old.

Im quite amazed that a person can be this good at 16 years of age. Just goes to show, musical ability is inherent.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVcEmxjYEFE[/media]

Edited by bubinga5

Hasn't this been up before? (No offence intended Bb5.)

It is a bit disappointing to hear people being so judgemental towards a (clearly very skillful) 16-year old girl. Taste & feel develop with age. As does tone. In any case, tone is as much about personal taste as anything else she does, and it could be that this tone is the perfect vehicle for where she plans to go with her playing. Not to mention...

(You get the idea. ;) )

Just my opinion as always.

Edited by leftybassman392

She has great skill no doubt but does it seem like the video's been sped up a little? I noticed it on the drummer's arm movements mostly. Some of his movements looked just a little too fast. When he's hitting the cymbal at around 16-19 seconds in it looks a little too unnaturally fast. His head movements at around 3:50 to 3:53 looks a bit off too. I could be wrong of course. I don't go around trying to pick fault with players I see on YouTube as I said at the start, incredible talent regardless of it has been sped up.

Mohini Dey no doubt is very very talented and in time could become extremely well rounded. At 16 your talent still is developing and time spent learning styles, developing your own voice etc etc is limited by the young age. So I can totally see why people are amazed.

Tone is an individual preference so cannot comment. Personally I prefer her tone in some of the Indian music videos she features in on Youtube.

John McLaughlin, take notice ;)

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1456060172' post='2984940']
Not my taste, but it doesn't matter whether we like her playing or not. She can play that bass better than 99% of the people on BassChat. She just needs to develop, which will happen.

So much for "small hands" making life difficult!
[/quote]

But can she play better though (at the min) that might be all she is good at and she has fast fingers I didn't really see or hear much else to judge her talent on other than to say she is quick. And it was certainly sped up.
And normally I'm all up for prasing people I'm not being disrespectful, but too me I didn't see anything other than a bit of speed there.
But no doubt she can play other things well I'm just going by that particular vid.

And I didn't notice her playing in the first position maybe she would have trouble with her hand size there.