Why become a member? ×

WIll you vanish from Basschat?

Twincam

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1453729941' post='2962176']

That's a good point. So will our tedious rambling be here for all to see for hundreds of years after we've all bought the farm?? If so, I wish I'd been a bit more circumspect with some of my posts... ah sod it, I won't care after I've thrown a seven, will I? Wrap me in bin liners and chuck me in a wheelie bin. Or perhaps I should get some of that funeral insurance? You know the sort, '...and you will receive a FREE Parker pen when your policy is active...' I can't think of anything more fitting for my friends and family to remember me by than... a biro. Nice! Keep breathing, everyone.
[/quote]

Occasionally I see an interesting thread and think; this is a bit familiar, didn't we already do this a couple of years back.

Then I see a post by myself and realise it's been bumped. Sometimes my posts even seem quite intelligent. Sometimes.

I don't expect I'll ever see the need to leave. I don't post as much as I used to, but I lurk about most days.
I don't usually join in with arguments, but sometimes I find them fascinating to read!

I've learned loads from this forum. And I've made some friends IRL as well, which is a bonus.

This...
[quote name='ead' timestamp='1453710601' post='2961919']
Some days I could easily do so, depends a lot on the level of debate for me. If I get a bit 'disappointed' for want of a better word with the posts then I stay away for a bit and wander back in my own time.
[/quote]

Edited by StevieC

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1453751350' post='2962479']
If it's a long thread that's been going for a good while I'll sometimes contribute only to find I made exactly the same comment weeks or even months earlier. Which is a bit embarrassing to say the least.
[/quote]

You wrote that [i]last [/i]week, too. :mellow:

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1453745909' post='2962402']
We are all but chaff in the wind. The Pharaohs thought to have bought into immortality with their pyramids, most of which were pillaged by their successors. The fleeting 15 minutes afforded by Mr. Warhol have become less than 15 seconds, and reducing as I type. All is vanity, and in vain. The whole of mankind's existence is but a blink compared to the reign of the dinosaurs. They, too, probably thought they'd be around for a while. Make the most of your time here, whilst you're able; the clock is ticking down the seconds, there's less left than you think.

... and now even less.

Tick - tock - tick - tock ...
[/quote]

Sweet! I'll read this word-for-word to my littluns after their bedtime story tonight. Gotta teach em to be positive eh :P

Oh I do. They already know the lovely queen is a parasites & it's OK not to believe creation stories when they seem a little far-fetched. I don't think they're ready for the 'as soon as you're born, you're dying' thing yet tho bless em!

Anyways, they start their bass lessons soon so may even be replacing their old man on here one day :)

I did think of vanishing a while back but then I discovered the ignore button and binned one guy who said every bass he bought was the best thing ever, then 2 days later put it up for sale. The other only pops up every so often, stirs it up and buggers off again! Basschat nirvana has been re-established.

What are you gonna do for bass related chat anyway? Go on Talkbass and read endless topics like "can I put this fake Fender decal on this Squier?"

[quote name='roceci' timestamp='1453754797' post='2962529']
Oh I do. They already know the lovely queen is a parasites & it's OK not to believe creation stories when they seem a little far-fetched. I don't think they're ready for the 'as soon as you're born, you're dying' thing yet tho bless em!

Anyways, they start their bass lessons soon so may even be replacing their old man on here one day :)
[/quote]

Don't forget to teach them Mustang Sally and explain how important it will be to them when their dreams of being famous rock stars have long faded. :D

Can be quite frustrating here... if people don't know something they can and do ask...which is a good thing about this place..
they'll get a variety of answers but what they then do with 101 variations is for them to sort thru.

They are lucky to have such a resource..most people on here who have been playing a long time
found out those answer the hard way... hopefully, ... or not.. :lol: :lol:.

[quote name='Coilte' timestamp='1453668260' post='2961633']
Situations change and life moves on. There are times when people may take a long break from playing. In which case there is not much point (or interest) in having a "bass chat".
[/quote]

I'm in somewhat of strange place at the moment - not been playing much and struggling to find the motivation to keep it going. I still check in on here on the odd occasion and post sometimes, but nowhere near as much as before. I'm getting into modular synths in a small way - greater scope for some DIY'ing.

I'm here daily, as are most of the Mod team, and have no plans to depart anytime soon [i](that goes for life in general!).[/i]

What keeps me here is primarily the Recording forum and the monthly composition challenges, which for me are a great incentive to create new music on a regular basis. Otherwise, I tend to fall into the habit of having a lot of unfinished material cluttering up my computer.

I browse other forums too, but nowhere near as actively as BC.

Edited by Skol303

I also tend to come and go from various forums. Get bored and quit, go back again later (sometimes ages later). As Woodinblack says, subject forums are where people come to learn stuff, and often disappear once they have gleaned enough knowledge. It's nice if you can stick around and help others though. :party:

I've no plans to leave here any time soon. I'm pretty thick skinned & don't take offence easily.
I'm mainly on here these days for the 2 comps & also enjoy the banter that's on here most of the time.
There's the occasional comment which can come across as insensitive or offensive, but it can sometimes be something that was written without any malice intended. It's just how the reader interprets it. My wife's fell out with people via text because the sentiment behind the words isn't always portrayed in the written form.

I've been a member since around 2008, and always take a look most days. Don't always post, but make sure I catch up on what's going on.

As an active bassist, I don't see any reason why I wouldn't want to keep on Basschatting....music and playing has always been my main interest in life. I've bought and sold, been helped many times, and have also (fingers crossed) been of help at some points too. I just avoid OT!

The only other bass forum I frequent is Rickresource - not a place for the faint-hearted! :o