Why become a member? ×

Name your bass?

operative451

Does anyone else name their kit? I blame farscape... And i just wanted to post my groovy decal really! :D

I felt that my white bass needed a bond villainess type name!

[attachment=208604:1910064_801614123300181_4048036318451928099_n.jpg]

My Flying V is called 'Funk Rocket Ajax', the pink bass is called 'Fifi la Bass' and my bike is The Beast - but they don't have stickers yet!

Ha ha, and I thought it was just me! I don't name bass guitars, or amps or anything like that
But when it comes to double basses, my DB is called "Lady Georgina"
and my EUB is called "Emma" - I have no idea why they have these names, or why I would name them anyway

.... maybe it's just a sign of madness anyway? But who cares? lol

[quote name='neilp' timestamp='1451915601' post='2944508']
Not electric basses, but my double bass is called Meghan...
[/quote]
Ah, I'm definitely not the only one then
... and is it only acceptable to name double basses? ;)

My onyx black BC Rich Warlock is named Ravensfriend (after a sword in one of my very favourite fantasy novels. It's full name is a bit of a mouthful...).

My Cort T-35 is named Gloomborn.

My PCs have names, too, as do their hard drives. Named after fictional fantasy worlds and places, people and swords (such as Alice in Wonderland or Krynn, the world from the Dragonlance stories, and the Elric books by Michael Moorcroft).

Edited by KingBollock

My GB basses were all named for me...

Sparky (because the tree that it was made from was stuck by lightning)

Bentley (because apparently it looks like a Bentley dashboard)

Gabbie (the woman logo that Bernie uses (with the arse forming the base of the bass), is called Gabbie. He thought my bass should have the name because it's a Rumour with all options - at the time, not other Rumour had been specced that highly).

And my Yamaha RBX?

"The Yammy"

But none of my other basses or instruments are named as such... they are generally referred to as - "the black strat, the burst strat, the tele, the Lakland, the Jazz etc..." or "The Nathan East" or "The Taylor"... You get the idea.

Nah, not that sentimental. I really like the name Dune, which is what Dan Hawkins of The Darkness calls one of his guitars, but as I can`t think of another name I like I don`t see the point of either one or all of my basses having that name.