Why become a member? ×

How many tuners do you own?

colgraff

So, I have just settled in for a couple of hours practising after having tidied up and reorganised my pedals and amp and I noticed that I have four tuners in my signal chain:

Korg Pitchblack
TC G major 2
Line 6 Bass Pod XT Pro
Shure Beta Wireless GLX16

I'm expressly not counting tuners not in gig rig such as the ne in my practice amp, etc.

How many do you have?

I've got a Korg Pitchblack at the start of my pedal chain, which also doubles up as a mute switch.

My TC RH450 has a tuner built in, but since I'm usually facing away from it, it serves little purpose other than to entertain the crowd with its blinkenlights.

I also have a little clip-on headstock tuner that resides on my acoustic guitar. Fantastic bit of kit, but I doubt I can see it replacing the Pitchblack because obviously it lacks the "mute" functionality.

Squirreled away in cupboards I've got a couple of older plug-in tuners and an old Zoom 506. Do they count?

Edit: ooh, forgot that I've also got one of the Planet Waves LED strobe thingys.

S.P.

Edited by Stylon Pilson

One and a half - a trusty old Boss TU-2 which works great for me, never had a problem, never felt compelled to get anything else which people are periodically telling me are better - TU-3, Pitchblack, Polytune (although the tuning all the strings together is pretty cool, I'll give you that).

The half? One of those Planet Waves things shaped like a plectrum with the strobing LEDs. Would get me out of jail if for some reason the TU-2 let me down.

I think tuners are like 9v batteries. I always have more spares than I could possibly need. Fair enough for the various things I use that happen to have a tuner in them, but why do I keep my Pitchblack (apart from it being easy to see in the dark and an ultra reliable tuner)?