Why become a member? ×

Who are you seeing live next?

Japhet

Finally saw Satriani last night, three years and a pandemic later than planned. Excellent concert, but I spent most of it watching the mighty Bryan Beller. Could my playing be improved by hair extensions and a different playing stance?

20230512_210246.thumb.jpg.46df8ab810a32cfc78ca3129abc399fa.jpg

20230512_224308.thumb.jpg.f0f3a41ab1050f92d46da6c8f9c7e2c3.jpg

B|

• Like 1

On 18/05/2023 at 10:42, Maude said:

Going to see Albert Lee tonight in a small hall. 

Whilst not exactly my 'thing', it's always a joy watching someone who has mastered their instrument and genre. 

Seen Albert a lot over the years, lovely guy. Despite his crazy guitar skills, I actually love to hear 

him sing and play the piano. Rodney Crowell’s song ‘Till I gain control again’ is one of his best.

19 hours ago, woodyratm said:

I’m seeing Bruce Springsteen next week in Edinburgh. Looking forward to it! 

I’m jealous! Seen him a few times since the 70’s and love his stuff, one of my favourite artists.

However, I just couldn’t run to the insane ticket prices that were on sale - did you manage to get

yours on a good deal? Must admit I’ve lost a lot of faith in Bruce for seemingly endorsing this

new ‘reactive’ ticket pricing. I’m sure it will be a great gig though, one of the best bands I’ve

ever seen. Enjoy!

Got a few lined up

June - Suffocation

August - Holy Fawn & The Callous Daoboys

September - Mutoid Man

October - Better Lovers

October - Beyond The Redshift

November - Damnation Festival

There's more I'd like to book (Terror, Frozen Soul, Obituary) but to be honest I can only do so many

On 27/05/2023 at 12:51, PaulThePlug said:

Remember then from the Takin on the World and Gallus... great version of Word Up... Big Energy Band... Enjoy

The stories from those days are amazing, touring Europe with the Rolling Stones and Bon Jovi. Love spending time with the guys and getting them to tell us a story about some of the venues they’ve played. Some funny, some sad and life certainly isn’t all rock and roll, when it’s your full time job. 🤣

Was a great night, glad Paul is just alive, never mind back giving it 100%. 

• Like 3

On 24/05/2023 at 16:07, casapete said:

I’m jealous! Seen him a few times since the 70’s and love his stuff, one of my favourite artists.

However, I just couldn’t run to the insane ticket prices that were on sale - did you manage to get

yours on a good deal? Must admit I’ve lost a lot of faith in Bruce for seemingly endorsing this

new ‘reactive’ ticket pricing. I’m sure it will be a great gig though, one of the best bands I’ve

ever seen. Enjoy!

They were more expensive than I’d have normally wanted to pay. £130 each after the wretched fees, but my wife loves him so hey ho. 

Saw people selling worse seats than ours for absolutely silly amounts. Daft. 

Had to get a hotel in Dunfermline as they rocketed it. Like 300+ for a Travelodge! 

• Like 1

On 29/05/2023 at 10:17, Angelus said:

The stories from those days are amazing, touring Europe with the Rolling Stones and Bon Jovi. Love spending time with the guys and getting them to tell us a story about some of the venues they’ve played. Some funny, some sad and life certainly isn’t all rock and roll, when it’s your full time job. 🤣

Was a great night, glad Paul is just alive, never mind back giving it 100%. 

Wish we could have made it up to brother in law's in Ayr for the next night. We did a couple of years back and spent a while stood outside with the band while the fire brigade checked the building after the smoke machine set off the alarms :facepalm:

Wish they could make it a bit further south. Had tickets for the Brighton gig (that was nowhere near Brighton) that got cancelled, so the last couple we managed were Southampton and GoR @ Butlins Minehead

• Like 1

Had an expensive evening booking gigs at Trading Boundaries a week or so back. Next up there is:

Graham Gouldman in July

Barock Project for two nights in November; and

Lazuli in December

Hoping to make the Nik Kershaw gig in Brighton in October as well.

I'm not paying the prices anymore.I might even start gigging again and just watch myself. Going to do my own repairs to everything I own too. No more plumbers, car mechanics, or greedy promoters prices. The Devout will be my next gig. Good value. Fair play to them.