Why become a member? ×

The first song you ever learned.?

bubinga5

I have a 2 weeks off so have been playing alot of bass. while practicing, i thought to myself, what was the first bass line you ever learned properly. for me Incognito's Hold on to Me, was one of my first favorite Incognito songs to play, and the first bass line with changes i ever learned. was 15 ish years ago and at the time, it took me ages to understand the chords behind it. apart from having that bassline locked down, it really was worth taking the time to understand the music behind it.

i was rehearsing at a studio one time in the last few years, and i played that first lick. everyone said, " hey thats Incognito". i was with the right guys.
a
boring story short what was yours, that you really learned properly.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qtq3_Qow5-g[/media]

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='chriswareham' timestamp='1378382797' post='2199407']
The Chain by Fleetwood Mac. I'm not a fan, but it was the first exercise in the learn to play book I had.
[/quote]

That wa the first thing I learned to play on bass, but only the famous bit at the end.
The first actual song I learned was Bowie's John I'm Only Dancing, because it was in the copy of Bassist I had just bought.

After months (if not YEARS <_< ) of trying to play along to my records one glorious night I actually managed to play the (to me at the time)fast bit of Budgies version of Baby please don't go.....I remember, distinctly, thinking, "if I can play this surely the rest is easy?" and instantly worked out how to play the song ....and a few more besides!
It was a real Eureka moment for me!