Why become a member? ×

My gig with Mark Knopfler... now with video!

wateroftyne

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1352494311' post='1863941']
I think that's fantastic! What a massive buzz! Congratulations mate! I'd be seriously hyped by that :D

I'm really looking forward to supporting Rush at the Fag & Twat down the road in a couple of months.
[/quote]

Cool. What time are you playing? About 12mins past 9 I guess? ;)

• 2 months later...

Thread resurrection for anyone who's interested... :)

I've just got back from a the first band meeting (no MK - he won't get involved until the day of the gig). I know most of folks in the band already, but we have lovely lady backing vocalists and a guitarist (who tours with the Arctic Monkeys) who I've never met before. Very pleasant they are, too.

We ran through the running order of the show, which is a logistical spaghetti junction - I'm glad I don't have to concern myself with any of that. There's some other special guests on the show now too - musical and otherwise - but I'm sworn to secrecy.

I get to play a wide range of stuff, and on some of the songs we're accompanied by an orchestra, which is a first for me.

We're having three days of rehearsals before the gig. They'll be long days, but I can't wait...

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1359065560' post='1949484']

I get to play a wide range of stuff, and on some of the songs we're accompanied by an orchestra, which is a first for me.

[/quote]

Mind you tell those bloody tubas to stay away from your sonic range ...