Why become a member? ×

My gig with Mark Knopfler... now with video!

wateroftyne

Will it be his rocky stuff or some of his more recent 'folky' stuff? I've covered some of the later stuff ('Kill to Get Crimson' album tracks) and there are some really solid bass lines to those.

His work has definitely changed, and stayed just as high quality, since the DS days. Great stuff :)

[quote name='fumps' timestamp='1352730288' post='1866606']
ooo which pub ?
[/quote]

several months late with the answer but it was the Tap and Spile in Pontefract , opp. the bus station.

He was playing with his mate , Brendan Croker , at an event in Ponte park. and I was doing the same event. Might have been one of the organiser types took us all for a beer. I can't remember for sure but I don't think Mark had a beer - I thik he had a fruit juice of some kind. Wise man.

He's third on a list of 'Famous blokes I sort of had a pint with'. The other 2 being Steve Harris who bought me a Guiness in the White Horse in Wakey and Joe Elliot who nicked all my cans out of my dressing room at the Black-a-moor head in Ponte and fcuked off !

Edited by Dr.Dave

• 4 weeks later...

The gig's on Monday... :)

We started rehearsing on Friday, the first of three full days in the rehearsal space. Yesterday was just us, i.e. the core band. Today was the band and the lady backing singers (who are amazing - [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx5YpUIPQwg"]see what I mean?[/url]). Peter Brewis of Field Music come along to rehearse his bit, too. Nice lad.

Tomorrow is another intense all-dayer, with visits from Joe McElderry, Ruby Turner and Ben Ottewell out of Gomez who are all doing a song each. We're not hooking up with MK or the orchestra until Monday's all-day pre-gig rehearsal at the venue, but we've got those tunes ready to go anyway.

It's an eclectic mix of tunes and styles, it's fab fun, the band are all great lads, and I can't wait. It's bloody tiring, though...!

[url="http://www.safeconcerts.com/news/2013/feb/8170-more-acts-announced-for-sir-bobby-robson-a-celebration.asp"]Here's a more recent story about the gig[/url].