Why become a member? ×

My gig with Mark Knopfler... now with video!

wateroftyne

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1361126479' post='1981480']
What a buzz! Looking forward to your Tuesday report once the epic hangover has calmed down :) Very best of luck, Michael!
[/quote]

Guess which mug has got a really important meeting at his 'real' job on Tuesday, and can't take the day off?

Yiiip. :-(

They'll get no sense out of me, I tell ya....

Mornin' all!

That was unbelievable... the guests were amazing, and I loved every second of it.

I got through it with no calamities, I'm happy to say! I used my Precision (w/flats) most of the time, and my Jazz (w/rounds) for the poppy tunes.

MK was a pleasure to work with... we had him for an hour or so in the afternoon - I expected him to turn up, do the check, and leave, but he really spent time getting to know is, and making suggestions. He asked me to play on the intro to Going Home, which I hadn't learned, so I had to find a quiet corner and scribble down the chords.

We had MK [i]and[/i] Ruby Turner for Try a Little Tenderness, complete with brass, and it kicked arse.

Doing 'All the Time in the World' with Ben Ottewell out of Gomez, with the orchestra swirling around me will stick in my mind forever.

Here's another pic I nicked off Twitter...