Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

On the first Tuesday of the month I attend a ukulele jam. Tonight was the first time I took my “proper” rig along, it behaved well. The battery powering my pedalboard dropped from 100% to 90% over the two hours, well pleased.

S’manth x

image.thumb.jpeg.d64c649066d58a9c3c7a1a9d0760bec3.jpeg

• Like 10

SWR T/O/P + Goliath III. Also posted in the SWR section. I like the punchy hi-fi quality to it, reminds me of my old Trace gear. Not had chance to play with it much so far, though I think it has the potential to knock walls down. 

20230422_131201.jpg

• Like 6

First proper outing for my mini rig at a coronation street party gig this afternoon.  
Nordstrand Acinonyx short scale bass into a GR Mini One amp and matching 2x8 cabinet.  Out of shot is a Helix Stomp set up as a pre-amp along with chorus and synth effects.

bass_rig.thumb.jpeg.6e10fbfdedaa3039e3cc520bf3feae9e.jpeg

• Like 10

A slight update on my rig with a Little Mark 800 Tube replacing my Little Marcus 1000. I really don't think I'll find a better amp manufacturer for my sound preferences than Mark Bass. 

I'm still using the GR Bass 212 and have been for the best sort of three years now. For me it compliments the Markbass really well. 

The photo is from our gig this weekend, alongside my 72 Jazz Bass and my Sandberg (pedalboard included too). 

IMG_4673.jpeg

IMG_4676.jpeg

• Like 6

I usually play a G&L l-2500 but thought I'd try out this Jazz bass last night...it cost me £30 off Facebook and it was in a right state, looked like it had been pulled out of a skip, it was a really cheap make but the body and neck were really nice so I took the body down to bare wood and dumped all the hardware, I fitted a pair of Geddy Lee signature pickups, cts pots and switchcraft jack, hipshot bridge, new control plate and machine heads, all in black. I was hoping it would sound good and I wasn't disappointed, I went back to the G&L for the second set and ended up wishing I'd stuck with the Jazz, very pleased with the end result!

IMG_2733.thumb.jpeg.ec9409a5b61a9985466d449e6c471874.jpegIMG_2679.thumb.jpeg.e6249808eb759d712590522c07e10400.jpegIMG_2681.thumb.jpeg.beb4d13e98e1a039e007fb93e1c66c7f.jpeg

• Like 16

On 18/03/2023 at 00:24, foya said:

The two amps sounds great both!!

some small details are different

aguilar are more warm and comfortable 

but the sisma and cabs are like a sword in the mix.. more detailed at higher volume.. and linear..

the db750 with Jad&Freer cabs are a perfect match too.

I think I will be happy for the future with this amps to match..

…but The sisma head are a little monster… more present and punchy than the db750.

and it does not sounds like a class D amp

Would love to know how the fan is on the Sisma. Have you tried using it at home as a practice amp at low volumes? Does the fan stay disengaged? Looks like a fantastic little amp..

1 hour ago, sdbass said:

Would love to know how the fan is on the Sisma. Have you tried using it at home as a practice amp at low volumes? Does the fan stay disengaged? Looks like a fantastic little amp..

the fans are really silent.

it's nearly impossible to feel them working.. even at low volumes and in the studio. Note that there are THREE fans!!!

one works at low speed and is always on, inaudible, and serves to vent the heat of the valve from the chassis.

the other 2 fans work in forced circulation and are intelligently managed by a microprocessor, they don't work before 48 degrees, so if you play at home or in the studio, they will never start.

after 48 degrees there are 5 speed steps based on the power supplied. the probe that measures the temperature is placed in a strategic position inside the dissipator.

another interesting thing, when you turn on the head, all the fans start at maximum speed for a fraction of a second, this is to let out any dust or dirt.

The manufacturer, Mauro, is crazy and leaves nothing to chance, it took him 3 years to design this temperature control and management system!!!

the head as an extreme test, was made to work at 1.6 ohm for 12 hours in a row, it gets to be barely warm, while other competitors get to boil much earlier!!!

this head is  world class made!!!

I can't play anything else anymore

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, foya said:

the fans are really silent.

it's nearly impossible to feel them working.. even at low volumes and in the studio. Note that there are THREE fans!!!

one works at low speed and is always on, inaudible, and serves to vent the heat of the valve from the chassis.

the other 2 fans work in forced circulation and are intelligently managed by a microprocessor, they don't work before 48 degrees, so if you play at home or in the studio, they will never start.

after 48 degrees there are 5 speed steps based on the power supplied. the probe that measures the temperature is placed in a strategic position inside the dissipator.

another interesting thing, when you turn on the head, all the fans start at maximum speed for a fraction of a second, this is to let out any dust or dirt.

The manufacturer, Mauro, is crazy and leaves nothing to chance, it took him 3 years to design this temperature control and management system!!!

the head as an extreme test, was made to work at 1.6 ohm for 12 hours in a row, it gets to be barely warm, while other competitors get to boil much earlier!!!

this head is  world class made!!!

I can't play anything else anymore

Amazing! Thanks for the follow up! 

• Like 1

Used the Fusion 550 for the first time last night. I used one at a shared backline gig many years ago, and was really impressed with it. Never actually owned one until now. Have to say, it sounds bloody marvellous! I was, and still am, very happy with my ABM600, but this thing is just outstanding. Paired with the BT2 it could knock walls down. 

IMG_1207.jpeg

Edited by ern500evo
  • Like 6

Just played the John Bonham memorial event last night. There was the usual hire-in rig of a SVT4 & fridge. 

I generally don't cart a rack and an 810 around these days, but you forget how much fun they are and great they sound... 

20230527_212902.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, peteb said:

Just played the John Bonham memorial event last night. There was the usual hire-in rig of a SVT4 & fridge. 

I generally don't cart a rack and an 810 around these days, but you forget how much fun they are and great they sound... 

SVT and a fridge? They did know that Bonzo wasn't actually playing, right?

10 minutes ago, paul_5 said:

SVT and a fridge? They did know that Bonzo wasn't actually playing, right?

Not sure where you're going with this mate. A SVT4 and an 810 is pretty much the standard house rig you get at most festival type gigs. 

3 minutes ago, peteb said:

Not sure where you're going with this mate. A SVT4 and an 810 is pretty much the standard house rig you get at most festival type gigs. 

I know, it's just that they're really, really loud.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, paul_5 said:

I know, it's just that they're really, really loud.

You do know that there is a knob on the right hand side that lets you control how loud they are? 

The volume was fine for an outdoor stage, but the eight speakers working together in one box just make them sound really thick and solid. As I said, great fun to play through... 

5 hours ago, peteb said:

20230527_212902.jpg

Love it, an immense setup 

• Like 1