Why become a member? ×

Evri

Geek99

Has anyone else had Evri claiming to be unable to access property? 
recipient runs a farm and is there 24/7

tri d using the chatbot to register an alternate destination of a parcel shop but it’s ignored 

it’s an eBay sale 

• Like 1

They are saying they can't access, not that there is nobody there to accept delivery. Could it be that the farm is inaccessible due to the state of the track, especially with the weather we've been having. And bear in mind some Evri deliveries are by owner drivers in family cars.

• Like 2

We get that from them quite a lot and we live on a main road with parking outside. 

It's usually that the driver ran out of time in their round. 

I just avoid Evri as far as possible. Sometimes they've claimed they've delivered an item and it's later turned up at a completely different house or just lost. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Mykesbass said:

They are saying they can't access, not that there is nobody there to accept delivery. Could it be that the farm is inaccessible due to the state of the track, especially with the weather we've been having. And bear in mind some Evri deliveries are by owner drivers in family cars.

Possible but the lady says the postman manages fine at moment 

• Like 2

Evri are very cheap but that comes with its drawbacks.  I sold an MXR Vintage Octave to someone on here and it went missing in transit.  I am almost certain it was stolen from the corner shop that was the drop off point and I took photos of how the shop leaves all the parcels in a pile in the middle of the shop but I found no facility to leave the photos on their website and gave up.  I do still sometimes use Evri, for less valuable stuff, but I don't use that particular drop off shop.

• Like 1

The only people using Evri (and similar low-budget delivery services) are those selling high volumes of low-cost items where it doesn't matter if a proportion of them don't reach the intended recipient.

Everyone else should be avoiding them not matter how "cost-effective" they appear to be. Hint: they're not.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don’t even think they’re that much cheaper. I’ve had a look at shipping options a few times when I’m sending stuff I’ve sold on eBay and the price difference is marginal. Certainly nowhere near what it used to be.

That said, our Evri courier is fantastic. She always goes the extra mile. I quite often see her driving about in her car and she lets me know if she’s coming to us or if she has anything for us.

Our local drop-off shop is a bit of a nightmare. Parcels everywhere in the aisles and it’s one of those shops that gets full of school kids before and after school as well as lunch times. I’m not surprised stuff goes missing. 

• Like 1

Evri are shocking. They usually get there in the end but I had them fail to find a shop on the High Street a couple of weeks ago! They also claim stuff is delivered and then try and deliver it two days later. I have had that twice. 

3 hours ago, Fishfacefour said:

We get that from them quite a lot and we live on a main road with parking outside. 

It's usually that the driver ran out of time in their round. 

I just avoid Evri as far as possible. Sometimes they've claimed they've delivered an item and it's later turned up at a completely different house or just lost. 

Without a doubt the worst courier experience I have had, either as Hermes or as Evri. The former lost track of a Steinberger XL2 I was posting to Vienna. Checked twice at Edinburgh and seemingly never left that depot. Hermes would not answer calls, and the chat-bot kept telling me it was unable to answer, or somesuch. I had to get the courier broker involved (Parcel Hero) and they actually got through to them but they were of not help. The purchaser was really understanding, but just as I was about to refund them and make a claim, some two weeks after courier picked it, I got an email from the purchaser that it had arrived in Vienna ok.....whilst still showing sat in Edinburgh.

The second one, with Evri, involved a drop-off at my door (in a block) despite a note to leave in a particular safe place. A photo was provided but the item was not there when I arrived home.

I now get items delivered to, or sent from, my workplace.

• Like 1

Evri driver knocked on my door 3 times within a fortnight trying to deliver the same parcel. The postcode on it related to a property 30 miles away. Couldn't make it up. 🙄

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

My guess is the driver doing the delivery has no other drops to make it worth his mileage to go anywhere near the 'farm'.

I've heard some courier firms have trackers on their vehicles. I cannot remember which ones, though, and if actually true.

• Like 1

On 19/01/2024 at 10:59, NikNik said:

I've heard some courier firms have trackers on their vehicles. I cannot remember which ones, though, and if actually true.

Evri is private vehicles however you’d notice a pattern of failed deliveries against couriers if you looked hard enough 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bigthumb said:

In a 90 day period my wife has sold 140 items on eBay, the vast majority sent with Evri. The only issue was one item delivered a few days late.  

We have a similar experience, although our ebay volumes are considerably higher.. Very, very few complaints from customers who have their parcels shipped to them by Evri. Our customers can select Royal Mail if they like - RM generate far more problems

• Like 2

Not so much unable to access. The driver for our area is brilliant and very helpful, he does make sure the parcel is delivered.

What I dint get is the changes of the updates on tracking. In the morning it says " in the transit, in the local depot" in the afternoon it changes to dispatched. So they work back. I previously have been advised that there were delays due to adverse weather. I managed to call them, so I advised them about the weather forecast in my area and weather forecast where the depot was. It was a sunny day with plus  10 degrees Celsius. I quoted what the weather forecast says, what there tracking claimed and what the actual weather was, a nice sunny day. Shocking company, had many parcels sent back to senders through their fault.

• Like 1

I haven't had any problems with Evri, or with the latter days of Herpes - it used to be that parcels would get slung over the gate. This may be partly due to lockdown followed by WFH followed by retirement meaning there's generally someone to answer the door, but when there isn't, they leave the parcel in a sensible place.

• Like 1

I used to use EVRI quite a lot, until recently.

I sold a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power on here late last year, it vanished into thin air after being tracked to one of their hubs. Getting a refund was a very painful and time consuming process, and I even had to provide my original purchase receipt from years ago to prove the value. I ended up refunding the buyer here long before I ever saw any money back from EVRI. It probably took 4 weeks to resolve, beginning to end, with me contacting them almost every other day via email & chatbot. I spoke to a real person ONCE.

I will never use them again.

Rob