Why become a member? ×

What single thing would you like a gear company to do that they don't do currently?

Jean-Luc Pickguard

A guitarist I used to play with used to remove the backplate from his pedals, drill corresponding holes in his pedalboard and screw them directly onto it.

Personally I want an onboard 3 band preamp where the bass, mid and treble controls are all dual concentric with the bottom knobs being a HPF, mid sweep and LPF respectively. 

I'd also wanf a compact tuner with mute switch and DI out but after checking it looks like Sonic Nuance and Peterson do make them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

But... There's nothing against making a system whereby increasing i/p gain (thus over-driving the i/p stage...) reduces to a similar degree the o/p, so that the perceived o/p level remains constant. Would that be so difficult..? It can be done manually (increase the gain, then turn down the o/p...), so why not an autopilot for that..? B|

Exactly, my Ampeg SCR-DI has a gain/drive control on it where the overall volume remains constant, that’s what I’d love on a Sansamp.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SteveXFR said:

I'd like an industry standard for bass input jack position so either a 90 degree or straight plug suits them all. A 90 degree is best for my p bass but won't go in the recessed angled socket in my Ibanez so it's a pain in the hole changing between basses.

Same goes for pedals for neater pedal boards

All output jack sockets on basses to be labelled "output".

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

I've just thought of something I'd like Fender to do — make the JMJ mustang in more colours, eg aged olympic white or shell pink. They'd look great next to my black one and two daphne blue ones. I suppose I should really get another black one so I can have one with the pearl pickguard and one with the black pickguard fitted.

Aged Olympic White JMJ would be awesome

• Like 1

Give me free stuff...?

Or just do what Sire do and be a bit more generous to left handers. Fender are finally doing a bit more for lefties with MIM Precisions and more colour options, but no Meteora bass or Squier telebass, or starcaster models. MusicMan seem to have forgotten about lefties altogether when really they need to get me an unlined Stingray fretless in left handed which they did years back but now there's nothing except the cheapest non-US model fretted basses available on left handed.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SteveXFR said:

I'd like an industry standard for bass input jack position so either a 90 degree or straight plug suits them all. A 90 degree is best for my p bass but won't go in the recessed angled socket in my Ibanez so it's a pain in the hole changing between basses.

Same goes for pedals for neater pedal boards

This exactly...Spector decided to place the jack right where you cannot use any type of non-hanger guitar stand....don't even get me started about what Yamaha did with the BBNE2....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, mike257 said:

But..... that's exactly what "gain" is. It's an increase in signal level. When you do it at the front end of a circuit it's just making it louder at that point in the path.

You entirely missed the point.

Most of us know what gain is by definition. We also use the term the wrong way so you'll have to get over it.

Gain as in "moar rawk" without an increase in volume, was the request.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

Exactly, my Ampeg SCR-DI has a gain/drive control on it where the overall volume remains constant, that’s what I’d love on a Sansamp.

That's not gain though. That's drive, which gives the impression of being louder due to the effect of distortion.

Looks like the Ampeg blends the overdrive rather than increasing the 'gain' to produce the overdrive effect.