Why become a member? ×

What single thing would you like a gear company to do that they don't do currently?

Jean-Luc Pickguard

Mesa Boogie to ship products to Europe and the UK.

I know that they have had a number of issues out of their control but these issues have now being going on for well over a year and it is frustrating, particularly as they have launched a lot of good gear in that time. 

Edited by thodrik
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Downunderwonder said:

More pedantry. We know what we want.

Really? 

It's not labelled as gain, it isn't gain. The two units operate differently. 

Industry standard when using gain is it increases gain. Hence the word gain. 

Drive is not gain. 

• Like 1

Just now, TimR said:

Really? 

It's not labelled as gain, it isn't gain. The two units operate differently. 

Industry standard when using gain is it increases gain. Hence the word gain. 

Drive is not gain. 

And yet Sansamp Drive increases gain or the whole thing would never have kicked off. Geez Louise you can sure twist an argument.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, uk_lefty said:

MusicMan seem to have forgotten about lefties altogether when really they need to get me an unlined Stingray fretless in left handed which they did years back but now there's nothing except the cheapest non-US model fretted basses available on left handed.

Agreed, ten years ago you could order loads of their stuff as left-handed, now there are just some Stingray Special 4s in the Vault.

I really wanted to buy a Special when they were launched. By the time they did make some lefties I'd taken up 5-string, so now I'm waiting to see if they will ever make a LH Stingray Special 5.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Downunderwonder said:

And yet Sansamp Drive increases gain or the whole thing would never have kicked off. Geez Louise you can sure twist an argument.

Sorry. I wasn't aware you were having an argument. 

I was just pointing out the difference between drive and gain and the way the two units apply drive. They're overdrive pedals that emulate overdrive. 

• Like 1

Basschatters to cease and desist the 'gain' 'not gain' banterage

.....and Mike Lull basses to be cheaper

....and Bass Collection to change their naff headstock logo

....and all amp makers to provide backlit control panels/knobs so i can see wtf i'm doing on a dark stage when I'm not wearing my glasses so I look more like a rock star!

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, TimR said:

...I was just pointing out the difference between drive and gain and the way the two units apply drive. They're overdrive pedals that emulate overdrive. 

Are you sure you're not getting mixed up between gain, drive, overdrive, distortion, boost, grit, fuzz, crunch and dirt..? :/

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

More lightweight bases from mainstream bass manufacturers, say sub 3.6Kg. I'm talking about basses in the lower and middle 'affordable' price brackets, which I guess is like sub £1200 to £700.
Many are going the custom route for chambered bodies, like Maruszczyk for 'standard' shaped bassses (myself included).
Sandberg also comes to mind. I'm not sure if you'd call their lightweight options mainstream and/or affordable though.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tech21NYC said:

Which product were you asking about? 

The Sansamp Bass Driver in particular but I’m sure many would like the feature throughout your range. I’d just love a way of increasing the drive without also increasing the volume for some songs, similar to how this can be done on Ampegs SCR-DI.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rosie C said:

I'd like an XLR balanced output on my bass, but it'll never happen as pedals and amps would all have to change  :( 

It does seem a bit backward. Imagine just plugging your bass into the house patch bay. Get a level. Job done. 

Although tuning might be an issue.

I have a DI box that cost less than £20. 

• Like 1