Why become a member? ×

** The 15th South East Bass Bash - Sunday 12 November 2023 **

Hamster

3 minutes ago, prowla said:

A load of bass players bring a selection of kit, set up in a couple of rooms, chat and discuss, try out other folk's kit, sit down for a presentation or two from a pro, eat cake, drink tea, maybe buy something from the table-top sale, make friends.

2 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

...and it costs a tenner.

Thank you both! Sounds amazing, putting it in the diary now!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, tauzero said:

Well, I was thinking of bringing my Dean 10-string, if you can cope with a doubled-up 5-string. You're not legally obliged to play the B string(s).

oooooooo yh id love to give it a go if you can bring it along, cant wait to play it badly with a audience haha

1 hour ago, prowla said:

A load of bass players bring a selection of kit, set up in a couple of rooms, chat and discuss, try out other folk's kit, sit down for a presentation or two from a pro, eat cake, drink tea, maybe buy something from the table-top sale, make friends.

Don't forget the raffle!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, prowla said:

...dress up in a French maid outfit and roller-skate around with a tray of Martinis.

Oh, I've said too much.

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

...and it ONLY costs a tenner.

Fixed

Most of the gear available to try would not be available in most shops.

Don't think of this as a positive - it just means that your GAS will be for more exotic gear.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, prowla said:

9 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

...and it costs a tenner.

…and there’s a raffle

but mostly it’s a lot of fun chatting about basses, gigging, gear, and trying stuff you might not otherwise get a chance to try.

The only downside to a bass bash (or being a member on BC) is the inherent risk of serious GAS 🤣 I went years happy with one bass and one amp…now don’t ask 🤪😳🫣🤣

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, TheGreek said:

Fixed

Most of the gear available to try would not be available in most shops.

Don't think of this as a positive - it just means that your GAS will be for more exotic gear.

Maybe... I'll just leave my stuff behind :D Not like my Ibanez is very exotic..

More room in the car to go home with stuff! :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

...dress up in a French maid outfit and roller-skate around with a tray of Martinis.

Oh, I've said too much.

Frank, what you choose to do in the privacy of your own home is up to you, but please don’t bring it to the Bash… again! ;) 🍹🛼

• Haha 5

On 31/08/2023 at 23:38, TrevorR said:

Frank, what you choose to do in the privacy of your own home is up to you, but please don’t bring it to the Bash… again! ;) 🍹🛼

I've informed @Frank Blank that, as his co-pilot, sole passenger and trolly dolly for the short internal flight from Hessex to the venue, I am point blank refusing to hold any trays of martinis.  Last time it took weeks to get rid of the stains.  In any case my French maid's outfit is still at the costumier having the side darts let out.

• Haha 5

15 hours ago, Paul S said:

I've informed @Frank Blank that, as his co-pilot, sole passenger and trolly dolly for the short internal flight from Hessex to the venue, I am point blank refusing to hold any trays of martinis.  Last time it took weeks to get rid of the stains.  In any case my French maid's outfit is still at the costumier having the side darts let out.

Dungarees and a plate of sausage rolls will suffice you limp Hampton, however, Anna Wintour phoned to say she was looking elsewhere for this month's Vogue cover subject.

8 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

Dungarees and a plate of sausage rolls will suffice you limp Hampton, however, Anna Wintour phoned to say she was looking elsewhere for this month's Vogue cover subject.

Isn't that just typical of Anna - next time she's round for lumch I'll buy in from Lidl and not Waitrose.  She only picks at it it anyway so most likely won't notice.

• Haha 2

Should be along as long as there isn't a train strike or anything.

Not sure what to bring other than sideburns and sarcasm as is my usual contribution.

However, if @greentext is after trying an 8 or 12 string, I happen to have an 8 string explorer and a 12 string Hamer, maybe i should bring one of those?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Wolverinebass said:

Should be along as long as there isn't a train strike or anything.

Not sure what to bring other than sideburns and sarcasm as is my usual contribution.

However, if @greentext is after trying an 8 or 12 string, I happen to have an 8 string explorer and a 12 string Hamer, maybe i should bring one of those?

12-string Hamer - now that would be a challenge!

1. @cetera - Charvel 3B, ESP Surveyor '87, Fender FSR PJ Precision, Hamer Impact, Italia Imola, Spector NS2, Spector Euro, Spector EuroX (Spectorbird), Spector Pulse II, Spector Dimension 4HP, Gallien Krueger 400RB & Legacy800 heads, GenzBenz Neox 2x12 cab

2. @TheGreek - All short scale this year - a @Jabba_the_gut scale 5er, Mini Ray, Short scale P bass

3. @Harlequin74 - Zoot Performer, Status Shark, Spector QV4 , Markbass TTE501 and Matching CAB. Maybe the Lehle Basswitch…

4. @Frank Blank - @Jabba_the_gut short scale fretted and fretless, JMJ Mustang, QSC K12.2, Grace Design Alix

5. @TrevorR - Mk 1 Wal, Wal Pro IIE, Aria SB700, Frankenjazz, pedals and MarkBass LMII & Traveler 2x10

6. @bnt - travelling light, probably a couple of pedals such as T-Rex Diva Drive, Orange KongPressor

7. @bass_dinger - 1999 Washburn XB500, 1994 Washburn XB500, Washburn XB925 in zebrawood, Washburn XB925 in bits, Boulder Creek 5 string (likely to be for sale), SWR Workingmans 12.

8. @greentext- 2008 Spector NS4-H2, 2015 Sandberg VS4, 2000 Trace Elliot T-Bass, my pedalboard and my tin of picks 😈

9. @prowla - Probably a couple of Rickenbackers and some interesting oddities. Amp-wise a Markbass EVO and a 1x12 (last year I bought some others to try and never switched them on, as the EVO sounded spot-on).

10. @SuperSeagull - Status S2, Feline P Bass, Modded Fender Lyte, Flea Jazz, MB Combo

11. @Merton - various short and medium scale ACGs, Zoots and Conway basses, Barefaced cabs, modern Trace Elliot amps

12. @MacDaddy - Shuker (probably no3), Snapdragon Folding Bass, possibly a Rob Allen Mouse.

13. @neilp - matching pair of fretted and fretless 1980 Aria SB1000s, possibly my fretless Wal mk1, Ashdown ABM500/Ampeg 4x10, Tech 21 Bass Fly Rig

14. @NickD - Strunal Schonbach 5 String DB, and whatever else I can shoehorn in the car around it... hopefully a MD CMD121 H, Zoom B6, and maybe a Maruszczyk Jake and a Shuker Series 2.

15. @WalMan - converted Wal Pro, Zon Legacy Elite, Status S2, G&L L2500 fretless, McMillen 12Step & DSI MoPho, Two Notes Bass Revolt, Trondheim Audio SkarBassOne, BackBeat2 (and my BackBeat1 will probably be available for sale). 16. Darkglass Microtubes500 and one of the Barefaced cabs. All depends how late I leave and what will fit in the new car 🚙 😁

16. @Smanth - With my small, light, battery powered gear (mostly) ... IBBY-Ibanez GSRM25 5 str sub short scale, 'ELIMA - Kala California 5 str fretless ubass, QUINN- HB 5 Str Fretless, MOD Dwarf based pedalboard, Boss Dual Cube Bass LX. (Also some toys to sell)

17. @Jean-Luc Pickguard - NS Design CR5M, Squier Bass VI, Roland MicroCube Bass RX and some pedals.

18. @tauzero - the basses that @TheGreek made me buy (handmade 6-string headless, Pedulla 6 fretless), Roland GR-55, one or two Seis, anything else that occurs to me, Mrs Zero (probably)

19. @Stingray5 - EBMM Stingray 5, a trio of Tunes i.e. TWB-6, TWB-4z, SWV4-BB, Boss GT-6B, Eden EC180 combo.

20. @rumblefish - Reverend Rumblefish,GB basses,Mesa Walkabout amp,Vanderkley 112 MNT.

21. @Paul S - might be space for a shorty?  If not never mind.  I have nothing of interest   

22. @bassace97 - Musicman stingry basses, Fender Mustang bass, Pedalboard and my Mesa TT800  + SL112 cabs