Why become a member? ×

** The 15th South East Bass Bash - Sunday 12 November 2023 **

Hamster

The 15th South East Bass Bash will be on Sunday 12 November 2023, 10am - 5pm

at

Jubilee High School, Surrey, School Lane, Addlestone, Surrey KT15 1TE

https://goo.gl/maps/SAd62ph7CAYqvVE48

Get the date in your diaries!

I'm very pleased to announce that this year (so far!) our first special guest, who after a brief stint as a graphic designer, decided to pursue a career in music which took off when he was asked to join (the then massive in Australia) Icehouse for a world tour at the tender age of 19. In 1983 he supported David Bowie on his legendary ‘Serious Moonlight’ tour.

This led to him being spotted and used by the likes of Robert Palmer, Bryan Ferry, Womack & Womack, and even The Smiths amongst others. He was thrust into the global premier league of bassists when David Gilmour asked him to play for Pink Floyd.

Yes - Mr Guy Pratt! 😎

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5

I'm already making the circa 1100 mile round trip to attend the SW Bash - sorry, they got in there first!

Whether or not I can face doing another circa 1100 mile round trip the following month remains to be seen.  Ask me after, if I and the car survive the first one!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, neepheid said:

I'm already making the circa 1100 mile round trip to attend the SW Bash - sorry, they got in there first!

Whether or not I can face doing another circa 1100 mile round trip the following month remains to be seen.  Ask me after, if I and the car survive the first one!

Get the sleeper. . . .

1 minute ago, chris_b said:

Get the sleeper. . . .

Sure, but it would limit what I could take down with me.  If I'm going to this much trouble, I'd want to take the whole shebang down with me (6 basses, amp, ironmongery/leads).

• Like 1

In line with previous years and the need for raffle prizes I'm happy to donate the item below. Others willing also to contribute please copy and paste the list, add your item and your username.

RAFFLE PRIZES

• Zoom B2 effects pedal (boxed but no idea where the power supply is) - TheGreek
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Wonderful stuff!

I'll start the gear list. Please copy the info below and add your own onto the thread:

1) Cetera - Charvel 3B, ESP Surveyor '87, Fender FSR PJ Precision, Hamer Impact, Italia Imola, Spector NS2, Spector Euro, Spector EuroX (Spectorbird), Spector Pulse II, Gallien Krueger 400RB & Legacy800, GenzBenz Neox 2x12 

Edited by cetera
  • Like 5

1.  Cetera - Charvel 3B, ESP Surveyor '87, Fender FSR PJ Precision, Hamer Impact, Italia Imola, Spector NS2, Spector Euro, Spector EuroX (Spectorbird), Spector Pulse II, Gallien Krueger 400RB & Legacy800, GenzBenz Neox 2x12 
  2. TheGreek - All short scale this year - Mini Ray, Short scale P bass, a @Jabba_the_gut short scale 5er.

• Like 3

Fantastic, looking forward to it. Here is my add on, will try and bring some of my less mainstream kit……

1.   Cetera - Charvel 3B, ESP Surveyor '87, Fender FSR PJ Precision, Hamer Impact, Italia Imola, Spector NS2, Spector Euro, Spector EuroX (Spectorbird), Spector Pulse II, Gallien Krueger 400RB & Legacy800, GenzBenz Neox 2x12 

2. TheGreek - All short scale this year - Mini Ray, Short scale P bass, a @Jabba_the_gut short scale 5er.

3. Harlequin - Zoot Performer, Status Shark, Spector QV4 , Markbass TTE501 and Matching CAB. Maybe the Lehle Basswitch…

thanks for organising, 

• Like 2

1. @cetera - Charvel 3B, ESP Surveyor '87, Fender FSR PJ Precision, Hamer Impact, Italia Imola, Spector NS2, Spector Euro, Spector EuroX (Spectorbird), Spector Pulse II, Gallien Krueger 400RB & Legacy800, GenzBenz Neox 2x12 
  2. @TheGreek - All short scale this year - a @Jabba_the_gut short scale 5er, Mini Ray, Short scale P bass
  3. @Harlequin74 - Zoot Performer, Status Shark, Spector QV4 , Markbass TTE501 and Matching CAB. Maybe the Lehle Basswitch…
  4. @Frank Blank - @Jabba_the_gut short scale fretted and fretless, JMJ Mustang, QSC K12.2, Grace Design Alix
  • Like 1

On 13/08/2023 at 21:10, Hamster said:

The 15th South East Bass Bash will be on Sunday 12 November 2023, 10am - 5pm

At

Jubilee High School, Surrey, School Lane, Addlestone, Surrey KT15 1TE

https://goo.gl/maps/SAd62ph7CAYqvVE48

Get the date in your diaries!

Thanks @Hamsterfor booking the venue and confirming the date...

Really looking forward to this one! 👍😊😎

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:
  1. @cetera - Charvel 3B, ESP Surveyor '87, Fender FSR PJ Precision, Hamer Impact, Italia Imola, Spector NS2, Spector Euro, Spector EuroX (Spectorbird), Spector Pulse II, Gallien Krueger 400RB & Legacy800, GenzBenz Neox 2x12 
  2. @TheGreek - All short scale this year - a @Jabba_the_gut short scale 5er, Mini Ray, Short scale P bass
  3. @Harlequin74 - Zoot Performer, Status Shark, Spector QV4 , Markbass TTE501 and Matching CAB. Maybe the Lehle Basswitch…
  4. @Frank Blank - @Jabba_the_gut short scale fretted and fretless, JMJ Mustang, QSC K12.2, Grace Design Alix

Some exciting gear in that list already... 👌

• Like 3

On 14/08/2023 at 18:34, TheGreek said:

In line with previous years and the need for raffle prizes I'm happy to donate the item below. Others willing also to contribute please copy and paste the list, add your item and your username.

RAFFLE PRIZES

• Zoom B2 effects pedal (boxed but no idea where the power supply is) - TheGreek

Thanks @TheGreekfor starting this off..

🤔

Must go and look down the back of the sofa, under the bed, or in the boot of the car now to see what I can put into the Raffle.. 😉😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GlamBass74 said:

I'm a bass bash virgin, but i'm looking to head down for this one.

Excellent.

Can I ask what the deal is? Do you just bring a shedload of kit along and let fellow bassmongers have a twang on it? 

That's exactly what happens, and, have a twang on everyone else's kit too.

Is there a fee?

It's a tenner (that may have changed, someone will comment if so) that goes to cover the hire of the hall and any surplus, I believe, goes to charity.

Can I bring biscuits? 

That is compulsory*

*not really

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

Excellent.

That's exactly what happens, and, have a twang on everyone else's kit too.

It's a tenner (that may have changed, someone will comment if so) that goes to cover the hire of the hall and any surplus, I believe, goes to charity.

That is compulsory*

*not really

Spot on @Frank Blank!

Hope you can make it along @GlamBass74- its always a great day... 

• Like 3

I'm liking the sound of this, since I have leave days I need to use, but I'd be flying in from Dublin & taking trains. So I probably wouldn't want to carry a bass, just a few of my less-common pedals, maybe.

• Like 6

Having been ill for last year’s I can’t wait!

2. @TheGreek - All short scale this year - a @Jabba_the_gut short scale 5er, Mini Ray, Short scale P bass
  3. @Harlequin74 - Zoot Performer, Status Shark, Spector QV4 , Markbass TTE501 and Matching CAB. Maybe the Lehle Basswitch…
  4. @Frank Blank - @Jabba_the_gut short scale fretted and fretless, JMJ Mustang, QSC K12.2, Grace Design Alix
  5. @TrevorR - Mk 1 Wal, Wal Pro IIE, Aria SB700, Frankenjazz, pedals and MarkBass LMII & Traveler 2x10
  • Like 4

OK - I haven't been back to London in years, so this is a good pretext for a few days there. I'm also planning to hit the guitar shops, maybe even Anderton's in Guildford. Booked a couple of Ryanair "Basic" flights to and from Dublin, so baggage space will be very limited, but I think I can squeeze a couple of pedals in.

2. @TheGreek - All short scale this year - a @Jabba_the_gut short scale 5er, Mini Ray, Short scale P bass
  3. @Harlequin74 - Zoot Performer, Status Shark, Spector QV4 , Markbass TTE501 and Matching CAB. Maybe the Lehle Basswitch…
  4. @Frank Blank - @Jabba_the_gut short scale fretted and fretless, JMJ Mustang, QSC K12.2, Grace Design Alix
  5. @TrevorR - Mk 1 Wal, Wal Pro IIE, Aria SB700, Frankenjazz, pedals and MarkBass LMII & Traveler 2x10
  6. @bnt - travelling light, probably a couple of pedals such as T-Rex Diva Drive, Orange KongPressor
  • Like 6