Why become a member? ×

Beyoncé, listen only tickets

leschirons

Seems that Beyoncé wants $155 for tickets to hear, but not see her perform.

The seats have no view as they're behind the stage but you'd be able to hear her so... that'll be $155 please. Cheapest seat with some sort of view, albeit probably on a screen...$300.

Can't help thinking that we're just so lucky to have people like this to entertain us.

• Haha 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Don't worry, next time they will also have an option to buy a special budget ticket for just $100, where you get to listen through crappy headphones with a noise generator added making sure you don't get to hear the live performance in full quality, and with 2 minutes commercial breaks intercepting the live transmission every 5 minutes. 

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Haha 2

These are part of the bronze, silver and gold range. 

The bronze option is listen, seat but no view. 

The silver option is listen, no seat and no view

The gold option is no listen, no seat and no view. Just don't turn up. 

I'm going with the gold option. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

I don't go to arena/stadium shows for pretty much this reason, but how different is it being sat behind the stage watching a screen to bring at the back of an arena, watching a screen and some tiny people in the distance? 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, MacDaddy said:

Beyonce personally, or promoters/ticket seller?

One can only assume she's aware of it even if not actually her decision. Unfortunately, there will be fans who still think it's value for money.

5 hours ago, Graham said:

I don't go to arena/stadium shows for pretty much this reason, but how different is it being sat behind the stage watching a screen to bring at the back of an arena, watching a screen and some tiny people in the distance? 

Well said - agreed 100%

And no matter how near or far your seat is from the stage or how much you've paid for it, you'll also have your view and enjoyment of the gig frequently interrupted by people asking you to let them squeeze past as they go to and from the bar and toilets.

• Like 1

Do people these days actually sit at gigs?

Even when they were arena shows that I went to, I'd always make my way towards the stage and stand with the crowd there.

£125 for a ticket to a concert is not something I'd be paying in the first place though.

Mark

• Like 2

I wouldn’t pay that for a big stadium show. Last time the Eagles were in the U.K. I think tickets started around £200, and that’s a nope for me. I did, however fly to Wichita Kansas to see Beach Boys and Alabama in a smaller venue (great seats) with friends and family. 

Biggest complaint about big show is not being able to hear the music due to all the bad, loud singing from the crowd…

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Graham said:

Spot on.
The way arena gigs and their ticket prices have become the norm amazes me. A lot of people

must attend these gigs just to say they were there or something, backed up by footage taken

on their phones. If people abandoned being ripped off on such a grand scale by not paying such 

exorbitant prices, things would soon have to change, with artists reverting to playing more

audience friendly venues. 

(Incidentally, this is nothing new - the Albert Hall has sold tickets behind the stage at concerts

for years.)

Edited by casapete

23 minutes ago, casapete said:

Spot on.
The way arena gigs and their ticket prices have become the norm amazes me. A lot of people

must attend these gigs just to say they were there or something, backed up by footage taken

on their phones. If people abandoned being ripped off on such a grand scale by not paying such 

exorbitant prices, things would soon have to change, with artists reverting to playing more

audience friendly venues. 

(Incidentally, this is nothing new - the Albert Hall has sold tickets behind the stage at concerts

for years.)

And now they know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall.

• Haha 1

Wow! It's this standard pricing for gigs in the UK now, or is it just big acts taking the wee wee? 

The last gig I went to in the UK was Guns n Roses and Thin Lizzy at Nottingham arena and the tickets were about forty quid. 

Granted it was a good few years ago now, but still.......

I don't think there's an act on the planet I'd pay more than £100 to see, and I'm probably pushing it at that. 

On 07/08/2023 at 03:26, Baloney Balderdash said:

Don't worry, next time they will also have an option to buy a special budget ticket for just $100, where you get to listen through crappy headphones with a noise generator added making sure you don't get to hear the live performance in full quality, and with 2 minutes commercial breaks intercepting the live transmission every 5 minutes. 

Somewhere in the world, a US artist manager has just read that and is now on the phone to his talent, "hey, I've just had this like amazing idea for the next tour..."

Edited by Rich
  • Haha 3