Why become a member? ×

Help The Dood keep his 7 string Shuker.

bubinga5

If anyone is in need of keeping his bass its the The Dood. Im aware he loves that bass. With his input to the bass world through YT i think he deserves to keep that bass..I dont mind putting some cash in to help . Anyone else in.? Would hate to see him loose it. Im not sure how to do a crowd fund but PM with any ideas. This is BC we could probably do it.

Edited by bubinga5
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I'm not really sure what to say. I'm really touched that anyone would even want to do this for me, it's a really thoughtful thing to suggest. You'll have to forgive me if for once after many years of recording review videos, I am lost for words.

Things are really tough at the moment and I can't help feeling a little bit like I've been thrown under a bus. I think the reality is that I'm not singled out, everyone is being stuffed financially and I feel for those who are in an even more difficult situation than I. 

I'm trying to figure things out. (Long story) I'll keep everyone posted.

Thank you, really. 

• Like 5

Maybe in my nativity i didnt think this through. I would like the BC members to put in some money each to help Dude keep his bass. If Ped would facilitate it i will put in the first amount. If many of us do the same thing. Hey presto. Dude keeps his Shuker. Bit like a crowd funding thing ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, bubinga5 said:

Maybe in my nativity i didnt think this through. I would like the BC members to put in some money each to help Dude keep his bass. If Ped would facilitate it i will put in the first amount. If many of us do the same thing. Hey presto. Dude keeps his Shuker. Bit like a crowd funding thing ?

I think you are assuming members know what’s going on.

I haven’t a clue.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Daz39 said:

cost of living crisis innit.

Yup. It's an absolute bastard. In September (when our mortgage and energy tariffs renew and childcare costs kick in) we'll be £1400 a month worse off. Look out for my fire sale if a few months. Savage times. 😬

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, bubinga5 said:

But what is the situation? People can’t just chip in money for something that’s not being explained to them? 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, binky_bass said:

Yup. It's an absolute bastard. In September (when our mortgage and energy tariffs renew and childcare costs kick in) we'll be £1400 a month worse off. Look out for my fire sale if a few months. Savage times. 😬

Yep. World is mad.

2 hours ago, binky_bass said:

Likewise... didn't even know the infamous Shuker 7 was for sale! 

Must agree with comments above. For me at least, who is Dood, what is the 'infamous Shuker 7, and what has happened tp prompt this, no doubt, worthy suggestion?

To catch all those up who need it (which I hope is ok?) - our wonderful friend @Dood put a message on Facebook that he’s thinking the unthinkable due to the current state of affairs and his monetary situation. His Shuker 7 string is synonymous with him, was entirely conceived by him and built to his specs by Mr Shuker. It’s a true one off for a one-off lovely guy.

I for one am happy to help out a brother in need.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

• bubinga5 changed the title to Help The Dood keep his 7 string Shuker.