Why become a member? ×

Bass straps - what you using ?

dmccombe7

Just curious what Bass Straps people are using these days and why you like it.

So much variety out there.

I'm currently using a Gruvgear Duo strap (3" wide) as a single strap. Wasn't long enough when i bought it and the extension straps weren't available back then so i used a section of leather belt and punched my own holes to suit.

Has to be the comfiest strap i've ever used.

Dave

image.thumb.png.f2843c7d45d5c8393e2c40645c3f5add.png

Edited by dmccombe7
  • Like 1

These on most basses and guitars.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01272O6VW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

7101fniW8gL._AC_UX679_.jpg

I really like them.

I have one of these stupidly expensive ultra wide Levy straps too

71ucoXCXQZS._AC_SL1348_.jpg

I bought it several years ago when I had some very heavy basses but I don't use it anymore. The damn thing was £75!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fretmeister said:

These on most basses and guitars.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01272O6VW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

7101fniW8gL._AC_UX679_.jpg

I really like them.

I have one of these stupidly expensive ultra wide Levy straps too

71ucoXCXQZS._AC_SL1348_.jpg

I bought it several years ago when I had some very heavy basses but I don't use it anymore. The damn thing was £75!

How did you find the Levy strap. I have been looking at those recently too. 

Dave

I'm currently using one of those hand made Chilean Ergo straps from Bass Direct. Rather expensive (present from my Missus Xmas before last) but really nice leather, 4" wide and super padded. 

Before that, I was using one of a few straps I have from Minotaur (a small Greek company). They're great, not quite as luxurious as Ergo, but really nice and about a third of the cost! 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, jazzyvee said:

I'm using some custom straps by Pinegrove Leather to ease the ache on my shoulder from my heavy basses. 

https://www.pinegroveleather.com/

They aren't cheap but really great quality.

A slight detour, but another vote for Pinegrove. I have an excellent drumstick bag, of superb quality; the fellow there (Rod...) went out of his way to get it to me (in France...) at the best post-B****t price. Top service.

2 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

For years it’s been Dunlop D-38 DD straps but acknowledgement of the worsening back means from now on I’m sticking with a Mono GS1 Betty.

1 hour ago, jazzyvee said:

I'm using some custom straps by Pinegrove Leather to ease the ache on my shoulder from my heavy basses. 

https://www.pinegroveleather.com/

They aren't cheap but really great quality.

I had a back / shoulder issue good few yrs back and was the main reason i used the Gruvgear Duo strap to ease pressure on one shoulder. Once the issue had resolved i went down to just the single strap from the Duo and its been great. Definitely helped me altho mine was down to twisting my back and shoulder that just wouldn't go away. Either that or i just wasn't used to wearing my basses for long periods at a time as i had been away from bands for a while. My Sandberg basses also make a huge difference being lighter than my Jazz bass.

Dave

• Like 1

I've tried a fair few over the years, but I always end up back with a Levy's M8P3-XL. The Mono Betty was comfortable enough, but it's the first strap I've ever had a lock pull its way through the end of. The Comfort Strapp somewhat ironically sat in just the wrong place and put pressure on a nerve in my shoulder, so was anything but comfortable. I've made sure that my basses are reasonably light and balance reasonably well, so a good chunk of slightly rough 3" wide seatbelt substitute is where it's at for me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MichaelDean said:

My most recent strap was a vegan Right On one. Not bought because I'm vegan (I'm not), but because I was curious and it's really nice. A bit grabby at the back, but not as much as a suede strap, so it doesn't pull at my clothing in the same way. Feels like it'll last a long time.

I've got three of these. I'm not vegan either but it all makes sense. They're good value and last really well. I've got two from the racing series or whatever it's called and one that was supposed to look rusty but instead it's bright shiny bronze. The pick holder at the back is brilliant, I play some of my set finger style and sometimes with picks so it's good to have somewhere reliable to keep them.

• Like 2

I use a TGI brown leather padded strap. It wasn't cheap, but the padding and width make a big difference in comfort - a five-string Fender Jazz isn't a  lightweight instrument. I like the Iron Crosses, as they kinda suit my vibe.tgi-tgi-strap-leather-padded-iron-cross-brown-black-14174510547009_1080x.thumb.jpg.59b5b7ca91911acf109d2b131891716c.jpg

Edited by lozkerr
Missing word
  • Like 1