Why become a member? ×

Bass straps - what you using ?

dmccombe7

I picked up a couple of Richter Springbreak 1 Nappa leather straps a few years back from their outlet shop and think they're brilliant. Super soft padded Nappa and brilliant build quality. I don't think I would pay full price for them as they're shockingly expensive normally but I only paid about £35 for mine. 

Grabbed a Levy's padded 3.5" one a couple of months ago for a spare bass and it's good but not in the same league as the Richter's. 

(@binkybass look away now 😂)

6 minutes ago, Mudpup said:

I picked up a couple of Richter Springbreak 1 Nappa leather straps a few years back from their outlet shop and think they're brilliant. Super soft padded Nappa and brilliant build quality. I don't think I would pay full price for them as they're shockingly expensive normally but I only paid about £35 for mine. 

Grabbed a Levy's padded 3.5" one a couple of months ago for a spare bass and it's good but not in the same league as the Richter's.  

Get a room!

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

What's wrong with the B-stock items ?

Prices look better on the outlet 

Dave

It's usually a few minor things such as wonky stitching or small marks in the leather. They usually put some pics up of any damage with each individual item. My 2 arrived and I couldn't actually see much wrong with them.

I can't see much wrong with this one 

image.thumb.png.4a7aacd73c4da7fb8bdd7c786e437547.png

Edited by Mudpup
  • Thanks 1

I suppose if you're buying at full price you're expecting absolute perfection. The smallest blemish makes it B stock. Certainly doesn't bother me buying anything that's likely to pick up gig wear on the first gig at a reduced cost 

• Thanks 1

I’ve been using Couch seatbelt straps for over a decade now. They’re vegan and make from recycled seatbelts with the tabs made from recycled car seat vinyl.

My only issue is that a few years ago they started cutting them a bit shorter so if I order one now I have to do it as a custom order and have it made longer. Only adds around $12 iirc.

For straplocks I have Schallers on everything. I have previously had issues with the nut on strap part coming loose but I started putting a bit of Loctite on there and then tightening with players. Safe as houses, as they say.

• Like 1

On 19/03/2023 at 10:14, dmccombe7 said:

What strap is it @ped and what bass is that attached to it. ?

Nice cushion too. LOL

Dave

Hi Dave it's a RIghtOn! strap https://www.rightonstraps.com/en/racing-colors-wide-vegan-guitar-strap-red.html

It's lovely, really neat lengthening system which hides any excess and it's the perfect width for my Backbeat pack on the strap. It's vegan leather but feels just as good as the real thing.

• Thanks 1

I have tried and bought a lot of straps and I like to have one for each instrument which is usually attached permanently with grolsch washers (or equivalent rubber straplocks) I have most recently bought quite a few Leathergraft comfy suede straps as they live up to their name. My only critisism is that the colour choice is fairly limited. I have them in brown, black, tan, red and blue but some additional colours in the range would be better, eg daphne blue & ivory.

• Thanks 1