Why become a member? ×

Cookies

Sweeneythebass

Question

2 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

After an Android update?  It seems more likely to be browser related.  We haven't done anything with the site recently.  Maybe @Woodinblack knows...?

Definitely not update related. Not done any updates here and I have it too. Android and Chrome browser. 

Looking at the posts above, it's happening in multiple operating systems and browsers, and only on Basschat. 

Edited by Newfoundfreedom
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

After an Android update?  It seems more likely to be browser related.  We haven't done anything with the site recently.  Maybe @Woodinblack knows...?

Nothing has changed here for a month (there is an update waiting but nothing to do with that) - I had a brief look on the net earlier, saw a few things from a while ago about cookies - maybe a chrome thing? I don't know, I don't use chrome and haven't seen it on either firefox or safari. What does it do if you click it?

I've got the same. 

Yesterday there was no super annoying blue shield, now there is. I have DEFINITELY not update anything on my phone overnight. I have auto-updates switched off so surely this must be something linked to this website as I don't get this with any other site. 

@Kiwi can we get this removed? This is clearly linked to the site and not to individuals - the evidence of all of us having the same issue isn't a coincidence.

Personally, I'm coming off the site until its gone - it's invasive and having active 3rd party companies effectively forcing themselves on me is not something I consent to. 

I look forward to returning when this is gone.

14 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

I can only get it on chrome on windows - don't get it on my mac or phone (or firefox on mac or pc).

Sorry Woody, ignore me, having checked again whilst being actually awake, it only appears on the iPad on both Chrome and Safari. It does not appear at all on my phone nor Mac. I’m clearly drunk!

• Thanks 1