Why become a member? ×

Bassist's Basses That You Liked?

Linus27

4 hours ago, msb said:

A friend has an old bat wing Harmony V22. They were not expensive basses back in the day , but it seems they are now. With old flats they do have a wonderful deep woody old school thump. 
And I’d love to find one. 
It’s funny , right up until the reissues came out they were not that expensive , but prices rose quickly one the reissues became available. 

99ACC721-F99A-4710-BE98-3ABB7243E123.webp

Which notable bassist played one of these?

I happened to watch Summer Holiday with cliff Richard yesterday (I know I know 😁) anyway ,the film was 1963 and I noticed the red precision being played by one of the shadows , such a nice looking P , not sure if it’s the original colour I haven’t done any research but a cool precision 

B2A66F34-1EC5-4194-85B8-6B39F7BC0063.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LeftyP said:

I haven't had the chance to catch up with all the posts on this thread but my favourite bass design is the Hofner "Beatle Bass" as used by Paul McCartney.  I have a cheap copy of it and just like the look of the thing.

Get the money for the real thing - You will be in heaven !!!

2 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Never played one of those but I’d like to try one, nice deep bass from what I’ve heard 

I remember seeing Journey do a live concert on TV. I recorded it on video tape at the time back in 80's probably at their peak era and the bassist was using the graphic EQ version Ovation and the tone was amazing. It had a nice mid growl and i always fancied one but they are very rare.

Dave

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

I remember seeing Journey do a live concert on TV. I recorded it on video tape at the time back in 80's probably at their peak era and the bassist was using the graphic EQ version Ovation and the tone was amazing. It had a nice mid growl and i always fancied one but they are very rare.

Dave

There’s a magnum lV on gumtree but it’s different to the one above , it’s got an eq on it 

• Like 1