Why become a member? ×

Bass Direct

mattbass6

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Andermtc said:

Get ready everyone, this weeks newsletter says they hope to have the new site live this week.

Sweepstake time?

However, it also said: "but there will still be lots of work to do refining the site so please bear with us over the next few months".

So, let's see. 

Bought a bass off of Mark on Saturday, it was so nice to see him and catch up/put the world to rights. He did mention the website would be up and running very soon!

I also sent an email asking about a new pick guard on Saturday evening expecting a reply on Monday… Marcus was on it that very evening and even emailed Spencer Lull straight away to get an answer!

Can’t knock that for customer service!

• Like 4

I bought an Aguilar OB2 TK Preamp late last week. 

Polite and efficient phone order - put in the post that evening. 

I know that others have had less than perfect service.  Shows that they do get it right sometimes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGreek said:

I bought an Aguilar OB2 TK Preamp late last week. 

Polite and efficient phone order - put in the post that evening. 

I know that others have had less than perfect service.  Shows that they do get it right sometimes. 

I bought a bass from BD. Turned out not to be what I wanted. My return was acknowledged within the hour, bass picked up the next day and a full refund soon after.

Exceptional service. 

• Like 4

PLEASE let the new website have some sort of automated inventory check.

Ordered a pre-owned bass last night - and subsequently spent all night dreaming about it - but unfortunately got a refund email this morning as someone must have beaten me to it. But the page for it is still live with an Add to cart button...

I'm just really bitter 😂

• Sad 3

3 minutes ago, dirgefornovember said:

Ordered a pre-owned bass last night - and subsequently spent all night dreaming about it - but unfortunately got a refund email this morning as someone must have beaten me to it. But the page for it is still live with an Add to cart button...

I'm just really bitter 😂

A regular occurrence!

• Like 1

I cannot attest to BD’s service and despite the honesty of all BCers, the comments on here cannot properly be calibrated. You have to make your own mind up. 

My beef with them was a criticism of a manufacturer that they did not sell, that seemed spiteful. One of the things I learnt in my working life was never to criticise your competitors. If you do, you may allienate all their happy customers.

Edited by Chienmortbb
Smellings and tyros
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Chienmortbb said:

My beef with them was a criticism of a manufacturer that they did not sell, that seemed spiteful. One of the things I learnt in my working life was never to criticise your competitors. If you do, you may allienate all their happy customers.

I saw that, and the same comments from another bass retailer. At the time these comments seemed irrelevant and rather unnecessary.

1 minute ago, chris_b said:

I saw that, and the same comments from another bass retailer. At the time these comments seemed irrelevant and rather unnecessary.

However, as I have never bought from them, I cannot comment on their service, 

12 hours ago, tauzero said:

They seem to have a minor numeracy issue, as there's a Yamaha TRB1006 in the 5-strings from £500 to £1000 section. I counted the strings in the photo just to be sure.

Just remove a string. Problem solved.

19 hours ago, chris_b said:

Musicman experience here. Bizarre that they became stockists. Probably just after Musicman fixed all the issues…

Its all part of the bass buying fun though.

Edited by EBS_freak

On 05/07/2023 at 10:05, dirgefornovember said:

I'm just really bitter 😂

It does. I have been helping with some testing and given a few suggestions to help the overall experience be as simple and intuitive as possible.

I think the new site is a HUGE improvement on the old without becoming the soulless box shifting experience you may see on other big sites.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Machines said:

It does. I have been helping with some testing and given a few suggestions to help the overall experience be as simple and intuitive as possible.

I think the new site is a HUGE improvement on the old without becoming the soulless box shifting experience you may see on other big sites.

That's great news. Have to admit I have a soft spot for the current website and it's old school design and charm - it's basically a Geocities website that sells £5,000 basses - but it is 2023 and all sites should have some sort of ecommerce inventory checker.

Edited by dirgefornovember

1 hour ago, Stub Mandrel said:

They seem to excel at orders where they can parcel up the item and send it out asap.

Unfortunately they don't always even get that right. See my post previously in this thread about receiving someone else's very expensive pre-amp which they initially expected me to return at my own expense.

• Sad 1