Why become a member? ×

dumbass delivery award this week? Parcelforce

BaggyMan

They appeared to have attempted delivery and the recipient wasn't there, signed for it themselves (isnt that some kind of fraudulent activity..)  and marked it as delivered.  The recipient returned home to find a note saying that the parcel (which is of course a cardboard box at least 4 feet long) was left behind the dustbins.   Where in any delivery agreement does it state that packages will be self signed and abandoned?.  

This was obviously visible as it has now completely disappeared.  Parcelforce have a lot to answer to here.  Its could be that they never left it at all and its back in a depot someplace.  Whatever their reasons none excuse these actions. 

Frankly I am shocked by the situation as it stands.  I can only hope it 'turns up' with a search at their depot.   

Anyone sees a Vester clipper, with some light mods out there flag it please..its nicked.

IMG_20190216_122005.jpg

IMG_20190216_122016.jpg

IMG_20190216_185548 (1).jpg

• Sad 1

I had a bit of a wait for them to deliver a guitar I bought last week. Their site said they attempted delivery on Friday but it was refused - oh no it wasn’t, the time stated my workplace was open and our reception was fully manned. Think they either couldn’t find the place or wanted an early finish. It took them til Thursday to finally get it to me. 

We see that at work often - the delivery drivers know the names of the goods-in staff, so sometimes sign their names.

This can lead to awkward questions if  there's a delivery query and the normal goods-in operator is on holiday....

We used to call them Parcelfarce. They once insisted that they had tried to deliver four tyres for a race car on a Friday "but no one was in". Presumably they failed to spot the two guys in overalls in a workshop with the shutters open who waited until 5.00 before making frantic phone calls. That was twenty five years ago. Glad to hear nothing has changed. How they are still in business is beyond me.

Parcelforce tried to deliver a parcel a while ago but, of course, I was out.  The card they left told me that I could collect the parcel from the post office.  There is a post office less than a two minute walk from my front door and the main sorting office is about a ten minute walk away.  They left the parcel at the post office in the centre of town - part of the main WH Smith store.  I walked down into town the following day to collect my parcel and, after queuing for many minutes was told that they could not find the package.  I was told to ring the Parcelforce office who eventually told me that the package was "out for delivery".  I raced back home with visions of another little red card through the door but about half an hour after I got home the package was delivered.

Apparently, the driver had filled in his card to tell me where to collect the parcel from but, by the time he got there, WH Smith had closed for the night!  He didn't leave it at my local post office because it was difficult to park there - even though there are many delivery vans and lorries dropping stuff off there every day because it is a corner shop that sells milk, bread and stuff as well as being a P.O.

You couldn't make it up.

On a thread on our sister "guitar chat" website, I've written about a guitar I bought from a seller on eBay with the "click and collect" option: the guitar was handed over to Parcel Force on the Monday, it went across country and went out to my local Argos on the Tuesday, the driver couldn't find the Argos store (hint to driver - it's a big warehouse type superstore on an industrial estate and it has "Argos" written above it) and took it back to the depot. The depot then sent it back to the national hub, who then sent it back to the sender, who in turn received it back on the Friday. In the end the whole sale fell apart and he had to relist it, and was left with a bill for the failed delivery - nice one Parcel Force.

I've had a parcel force driver decide to sign for the delivery himself and leave a 3 foot long parcel at the doorway to a posh block of flats just off central Leicester. Needless to say the parcel was not there when I got back from work. A few days later the marketing reception (they handnt sold all the flats) had taken in the parcel and they  eventually tracked me down - the flat was rented by the company I was working for so they didn't have the names of the occupants. I called parcelforce and pulled their leg saying it was irreplaceable family items of sentimental value, their £250 compo was nowhere near sufficient. After the poor girl on the end of the phone had sufficiently sh!t herself I came clean and said actually I have got it, through luck more than anything, but that driver needs firing... Out of a flipping cannon!

Edited by uk_lefty

Yes, despite ringing Parcelscrap and them confirming that they have a note on my account NOT to leave parcels at the door they still bring it to the door, knock, leave it on the doorstep (in full view of the road) and immediately drive off without even waiting for me to answer. When I check online it says signed for by me. Every other courier - DPD, MyHermes, DHL etc - either hide the parcel out of sight behind the bins, or take it back to the depot. I vote with my feet and never send anything with them, but sometimes don’t have a choice with receiving goods. I’ve also confronted a driver writing the missed delivery card sitting in his van whilst I was watching him from my lounge. “I did knock” says he. “No you didn’t, I watched you pull up and write the card sitting in your van” says I (after getting the parcel!)

It’s pure laziness and a complete lack of consideration for the receipients of their awful service.

I recently had some parts delivered by them. Or didn't. They left a card on Friday saying the parcel had been left at my local PO, and gave the correct address. So I turned up on Monday with my card; no trace whatsoever. I went home and rang them and they said it had been left at a PO that didn't exist in my town. They gave me the post code and it turned out it had been left in the next town to mine. I went mental (I don't drive for a start), then arranged redelivery, and then a friend offered to take me to pick it up to avoid getting lost again. I did make a complaint, which achieved nothing other than a polite apology. They really are utterly useless.

21 hours ago, FDC484950 said:

Yes, despite ringing Parcelscrap and them confirming that they have a note on my account NOT to leave parcels at the door they still bring it to the door, knock, leave it on the doorstep (in full view of the road) and immediately drive off without even waiting for me to answer. When I check online it says signed for by me. Every other courier - DPD, MyHermes, DHL etc - either hide the parcel out of sight behind the bins, or take it back to the depot. I vote with my feet and never send anything with them, but sometimes don’t have a choice with receiving goods. I’ve also confronted a driver writing the missed delivery card sitting in his van whilst I was watching him from my lounge. “I did knock” says he. “No you didn’t, I watched you pull up and write the card sitting in your van” says I (after getting the parcel!)

It’s pure laziness and a complete lack of consideration for the receipients of their awful service.

I've had this exact same thing. I don't get it. Surely it's easier to just bring the bloody parcel to the door that it is to faff about writing a card.