Why become a member? ×

Waste of a day.

Joebethell

Spent today waiting for a collection which still hasn't been collected yet and a delivery that had already been delayed once from last week due to a Packaging issue. Got an email at 12:30 today saying my delivery won't be ready again as said packaging hadn't shown up until today.

Good job I'm not away tomorrow and then stuck working on shift and callout for a while after that! Not like I planned around my rest days off.

Rant over.

I feel your pain. I took Thursday off last week to wait for PF to deliver. They never turned up, and when I rang in the evening they said "drivers learning the route, didn't deliver 24 items"!

I asked them to hold the bass at the depot, which they said they would.

Next morning I check PF website nice and early.... "out for delivery"!

So I ended up having to take two days off work due to PF's incompetence!

Supportive rant over! :)

Even better have just found a no access card in my porch apparently people don't know how to knock doors anymore! This day just gets better and better. I have been sat waiting for them less than 3feet from the door. Even put off having a shower as I didn't want to miss them!

Rediculous really and you never get compensation or even an apology.

I now use PF service where you leave your parcel into a local shop, saving you having to wait in for collection.

Also I don't worry about delivery. If I'm in that's well and good. But if not, it's actually easier for me to collect from a local post office or depot.

Frank.

[quote name='Joebethell' timestamp='1465913561' post='3072038']
Even better have just found a no access card in my porch apparently people don't know how to knock doors anymore! This day just gets better and better. I have been sat waiting for them less than 3feet from the door. Even put off having a shower as I didn't want to miss them!
[/quote]

The good news is you can go and have your shower now....!

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1465916211' post='3072071']

The good news is you can go and have your shower now....!
[/quote]

Not yet as I'm waiting again either for a phone call or van to show up again after a call to the customer service number!

If waiting for them I have all the internal house doors from living room to front door, with the key in the door and I open the curtains wide open and I sit at the window. Like a dog waiting his owner(s) to return. Then I'm there at the door before they get out the van.
We have a downstairs toilet near the front door that only guests use normally, but if I did need it and I was in there I still wouldn't miss anyone at the door.

I recently bought something online and paid £15 for a saturday delivery. The courier was DPD.

I got email and text messages form the seller on the Friday confirming the saturday delivery, saying that DPD would be in touch with a time slot. Fine

I got a text message from DPD on the Friday confirming the saturday delivery, saying that I'd get a one hour slot notification nearer the time.

Saturday morning I got a text message giving me the one hour delivery slot - 14:07-15:07. Not that the time really mattered as I was in all day.

About 2:30pm I got a text message saying could not deliver as there was no one in to sign for the parcel and a card had been left - No card was delivered and I was in all day (as was the missus). The text message gave me a number to rearrange delivery.

I immediately called the DPD number but it was an automated menu with re-delivery options but no option to actually speak to anyone. Grr!! A little trick I've learned is to just ignore the options and not press any key as requested. I think the menu voice repeated itself about 4 or 5 times before it switched over to a human operator.

By this time I was really not pleased and he immediately got the message! He said he would call the depot and get the van to turn around and deliver it within the hour. He put me on hold. After about 5 minutes I was beginning to think he'd just ignored me but, sure enough, he came back but with the news that the van had broken down and was waiting for recovery but he would reschedule for Sunday delivery, before midday. I asked why the text message had said no one was in and a card had been left and he mumbled something about that probably being the only option to the driver. Hmm.

Anyway, Sunday morning I got another text message giving me another afternoon slot (not before midday as promised). Oh well. This time the van arrived within the hour stated and all was well. On relating the sorry tale to the driver he told me that yesterday's driver had actually crashed the van!

I guess sh1t happens and I must say that I buy a lot of stuff online and very rarely have delivery problems with any courier company. Anyway, I related the tale to the selling company and they apologised profusely and refunded my £15 delivery charge without hesitation.

So as told by the person I called as no one contacted me that they had left a none existent voice mail on my given number that was with me all day? And they cannot re route the driver to me as he has left the area. After explaining I was at work the rest of the week or away they told me to drop it at a collection point! Which I have done. UPS yet another company who cannot do the job they are there to do Collect or deliver parcels!

Had the 'called to collect your parcel but no-one was in' card last Friday. I was in. Expressly for the purpose. With no TV or music on. With my eyes and ears out on stalks. Looking out of the window every five minutes. And touching cloth. Yet still a ParcelForce Ninja managed to get a card through my door without me noticing. Believe me, there was NO knock on the door and NO ring of the doorbell.

When they eventually turned up the following Monday I was told the error was due to 'a foreign bloke who is learning the route'. He must also very quickly be learning stealth letterbox work and silent van driving as well. Pshaw!!

Edited by discreet

This happened to me as well - DPD (which down here seems to delegate on FedEx) was out for delivery on a Friday, come 6 pm they sent a message that they couldn't deliver because there was no one - and it was the office address with one recepcionist and at least 10 people at any time during the day. They requested that I 'provided a solution' online, I indicated a nearby depot among their list (a tobacco shop, which felt weird), then they delivered the package at the original address the next Monday!

I can see a DPD pattern emerging...

Edited by juliusmonk

DPD were total sh1t until my major supplier (who is VERY major) decided to use them - suddenly we get stuff around midday with smiling 'happy' drivers - as opposed to the taciturn two days late rubbish that we suffered before......money talks & carriers don't give stuff about ordinary mortals.

:mellow:

[quote name='Joebethell' timestamp='1465913561' post='3072038']
[/quote]

I don't know how your house is laid out but if you have a porch I imagine they would have knocked on that door rather than the inner door. I know from experience that it's not always very easy to get people to hear when knocking on the door even if they are waiting in. It's unfortunate but as they are on a time limit if they don't get an answer within a certain time they have got to move on.

As Twincam said I would have been at the window and would have heard the van pull up outside the house. At beaten them to the door.

I've never had a problem with DPD or UPS before. Actually always found DPD to be superb.

Always found DPD to be excellent for deliveries. Had my new turntable delivered by them yesterday; early morning email and messages via the DPD app gave me a one hour time slot and they turned up right in the middle of it. I usually spot the van before they make it to the front door but I've invested in a wireless doorbell with chime units both upstairs and down so I've yet to miss anybody calling at my house.

[quote name='Myke' timestamp='1465934173' post='3072295']

I don't know how your house is laid out but if you have a porch I imagine they would have knocked on that door rather than the inner door. I know from experience that it's not always very easy to get people to hear when knocking on the door even if they are waiting in. It's unfortunate but as they are on a time limit if they don't get an answer within a certain time they have got to move on.

As Twincam said I would have been at the window and would have heard the van pull up outside the house. At beaten them to the door.

I've never had a problem with DPD or UPS before. Actually always found DPD to be superb.
[/quote]
Maybe but they then opened the unlocked porch door to chuck the no access card on the floor as the letterbox is on the inner door

The whole courier / delivery industry is beyond a joke... ludicrously inefficient, staff don't give a s**t because of low wages and unrealistic targets. Late pickups, no shows, damage etc... it's all to be expected.

The thing that gets me the most though is the insurance... I have have to pay extra ( a LOT extra) so that you don't destroy / lose my stuff... In what world is that an optional extra and not standard practice?

... ridiculous.