Why become a member? ×

I'll be there for you by the Rembrandts ,go stuck it up your Arsenal mate

kevvo66

I hate this stupid fooking song with a passion to the point where I want to hit our fret w***er in the face with my bass and bludgeon him to death , I hate the stupid rubbish bass line which for the life of me the other night I couldn't get right a five yr old could play it , if you really hate playing a song how do you get around It I may end up killing a member of the band ,ANGRY yes I am fooking friends , bollocks sh*t w*** toss , rant over thanks

Edited by kevvo66

[quote name='RockfordStone' timestamp='1458341471' post='3006898']
i hate the bullshit lyrics

first line - "so no one told you life was gonna be this way".... then later in the song "your mumma told you there'd be days like this".....

how can she have done if no one told you.

pety i know but it drives me nuts
[/quote]

Perhaps she told you when you were a teenager, so you weren't listening?

If we're doing songs that you hate but have had to play then I'm going to throw in "Perfect" by Fairground Attraction. On the flip side, I also once had to play that Slade Christmas song (Merry Christmas Everyone?) and I thought I was going to hate it but actually quite enjoyed it in the end.

Edited by darkandrew

[quote name='darkandrew' timestamp='1458377300' post='3007015']
On the flip side, I also once had to play that Slade Christmas song (Merry Christmas Everyone?) and I thought I was going to hate it but actually quite enjoyed it in the end.
[/quote]

[i][b]Merry Xmas Everyone[/b][/i] was by Shakin' Stevens.

[i][b]Merry Xmas Everybody[/b][/i] (a completely different title, I'm sure you'll agree) was by Slade and largely written by Jim Lea, the bass player, which is why the bass line is so prominent and such fun to play.

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1458379513' post='3007039']

[i][b]Merry Xmas Everybody[/b][/i] (a completely different title, I'm sure you'll agree) was by Slade and largely written by Jim Lea, the bass player, which is why the bass line is so prominent and such fun to play.
[/quote]

That'll be the one then. Had to play it for four nights on the trot and, like I said, I actually ended up quite liking it.

From hazy memory hasn't 'I'll be there for you' got a middle section that no-ones ever heard?

You could just do the 30 second theme tune version & most punters will be ecstatic without confusing them by playing the rest of the song.

Edited by Cato

[quote name='kevvo66' timestamp='1458346179' post='3006930']
Oh don't get me started on walking on sunshine , you'd burn your feet if you could walk on sunshine utter rubbish and senseless dribble, lyrical master piece errr no
[/quote]

I was on a residential songwriting course last year & on the first evening somebody mentioned "Walking on Sunshine", which was the cue for me to go off into my usual rant about how much I hated that song.
What I didn't realise at the time was that one of the women on the course was the wife of Kimberley Rew, the guy that wrote it....

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1458380165' post='3007055']
I was on a residential songwriting course last year & on the first evening somebody mentioned "Walking on Sunshine", which was the cue for me to go off into my usual rant about how much I hated that song.
What I didn't realise at the time was that one of the women on the course was the wife of Kimberley Rew, the guy that wrote it....
[/quote]

Don't worry, Mrs Rew must get that a lot!

I was going to post similar thread recently, I had it on my note pad but forgot. Here it is!!

So playing in a covers band you will always have songs you dislike, Sex on Fire, Dakota, Mustang Sally et al, all stuff that gets them dancing I guess and that I like even if I don't like the song. So we are a female led rock covers band, Heart, Mac, Jovi, Boston, Journey, Springsteen etc, all good melodic stuff, not always exciting to play but a good feel. So the singer decides that a good song for us would be Runaways by the Killers. Not a very well known Killers song as far as I know and I'm not sure it will go down with our typical 40-60yo audience. But what a drab hateful song, bass is duh duh duh duh, duh duh duh duh nearly all the way through with a slight variation right near the end! Hate it hate it hate it hate it! And every time we do it she makes a point of saying what a fantastic song it is, I just give her the stare of doom!!!!