Why become a member? ×

Scott Weiland dead at 48

Funky Dunky

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6785645/scott-weiland-stone-temple-pilots-dead

Former Stone Temple Pilots.and Velvet Revolver frontman found dead on tourbus. At present, cause of death is either undetermined or unannounced. I've been a fan of the guy's music and his voice since the first STP album.

Yeah, a lot of people expected this years ago. He had a few bad dalliances with the heroin and there were times it looked like he might not survive to work again. Scott was an enigma, and had a taste for drugs, but like Layne Staley and Kurt and others, undeniably talented. The first two 'Pilots albums are still regularly played in my house.

Adored STP. Loved Velvet Revolver and was lucky enough to see them in 2008, just before Scott quit. One of the last great frontmen, derailed by drugs and demons, but always armed with a melody and a great voice. Now playing "Thank You" at not inconsiderable volume. RIP Scott. x

STP were one of the bands with whom I grew through my teenage years; I was lucky to see VR in 2004 and Scott was incredible. One of the best rock singers of his generation, as easily identifiable as Layne Stayley or Eddie Vedder. Will be listening to a lot of STP this weekend :(

I've been struggling with this today, we play a lot of his stuff in our set, think it's 5 songs all in. It will take on a different feeling when we play on the 20th. As many have said, he had some problems, and most unfortunately burned a lot of his bridges with the guys he made amazing music with. As has been said, there is no other words that sum it up like "waste"...

That band up there just keeps getting better...