Why become a member? ×

Who are you seeing live next?

Japhet

6 minutes ago, steantval said:
18 hours ago, KevB said:

Marillion last night in Sheffield were pretty good, though I don't feel as 'connected' with the band in the last 20 years or so. Looking forward to Sunday - Uriah Heep 50th anniversary show with Von Hertzen Bros as support, could be a belter.

Uriah Heep was the first ever proper live gig I went to.

15 years old at The Leys Club, Letchworth on October 16th 1971.

1971 means they have been going longer than 50 years.....

Are these shows delayed due to Covid, or do the band mark 1972 as their start for some reason, or what?

29 minutes ago, Nail Soup said:

1971 means they have been going longer than 50 years.....

Are these shows delayed due to Covid, or do the band mark 1972 as their start for some reason, or what?

They were formed in 1969 and were definitely touring in late 1970, as you say, it’s probably due to delays through Covid.

I saw Parcels at Brixton Academy on Friday night - my favourite band and having seen them twice before COVID I was desperate to see them again.

It was awful, so bad that we gave up and left after about 40 mins. The sound was absolutely dreadful - sounded like it was simultaneously under water and muffled with about 50 pillows. We tried every location in the venue that we could get to - behind the engineer's desk, sides, middle, back corners. It was so frustrating that we decided to cut our losses rather than steadily get more and more angry about it! 

I'm absolutely devastated, can't remember ever walking out on a band before, especially not one I love that much. Was their only show in England too, with one previous date in Glasgow and now back in Europe and off to Australia next.

I've since read that it's a common problem with the Brixton Academy, has anyone had particularly good or bad experiences there?

On 03/10/2022 at 23:35, AxelF said:

I've since read that it's a common problem with the Brixton Academy, has anyone had particularly good or bad experiences there?

I saw The Sex Pistols there and the sound was amazing. 

Saw Velvet Revolver there and they started with the first track off of their 2nd album, an album which had been pretty much in constant play in my car since it came out.

I only recognised the song once it got to the chorus, the sound was just muffled & echoey. And it’s not like any of the band are renowned for having sounds like that.

Just back from Snarky Puppy at the Bristol 02. Great sound and show, they had 2 remote like security movable cameras on the stage so you could see what the keys were playing. Michael League is a beast on Bass and leads the band who are all accomplished players with great chops. I don't know any of their stuff but enjoyed the playing anyway, bit hard to categorise but more jazz than funk?

• Like 1

Actually this was last night... Laurence Jones at Cardiff Globe supported by the Mark Pontin Group, a blues-tastic evening!

This vid features Alex Ainsworth, whose band I play bass with, guesting with Mark Pontin.

Edited by Stub Mandrel

Anthrax show was brilliant, old songs played most of the show.

Next on the menu is Iron Maiden. Purchased tickets this morning. The sale started at 9 am, but couldn't complete the sale until just after 10am. Used two different box office ticket providers, the sites are not user friendly. Not enough time to complete sale etc.... shocking system. And now they added a date at O2 in Saturday, too late already bought tickets for Friday.

A nice run of gigs before Xmas....

H.E.A.T, Mason Hill & Collateral on Tuesday
Skid Row, Treatment, Enuff Znuff & Collateral on 24 Oct

KISS Tribute 'Hotter Than Hell on 4 Nov

The Night Flight Orchestra on 10 Nov

Kate Bush tribute 'Kate Bushka' on 10 Dec

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/10/2022 at 13:22, howdenspur said:

Blue Öyster Cult on Tuesday at De Montford Hall, Leicester. Haven't seen them for 20 years, looking forward to it!

If I 'd been able to make it i would have sneaked down for that. I still got to see them supporting Deep Purple in Birmingham though obviously with a reduced set list.