Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash No.9, Surrey, Saturday 26th September 2015

silverfoxnik

Thanks to all involved. I had a good day and learned a thing of two from chatting to the set up fella.

Who's going to break the news to the Barefaced fanbois??

Yes I know I've got 2 of them...different folks, different strokes ��

Edited by Twigman

Home now, have unloaded the car and just have time to watch a bit of the Rugby before going out to see a band.

Got to say that I thought it was a great day today and thanks to everyone for coming and getting involved and supporting! We've raised quite a few quid according to Hamster ( Colin), but more about that later.. :)

I'd really want to thank Andrew from D'Addario UK, Robert van den Linden from Blade/Levinson guitars, Roger ('bassace), Lozz (Lozz196) and Trevor (TrevorR) for giving their time and expertise in the various talks and workshops today, and also to Paul from the Junkyard Dogs for keeping the groove going in the Jam Room.

And a huge thanks to Mrs Hamster (Sarah) for taking care of us all so well with the refreshments!! Certainly kept me going through the day, that's for sure.

Big thanks also to bluejay (Silvia) for keeping the thread up to date and taking care of the social media side of things, including recording everything today.. It really makes a difference!

Lastly, thanks to Colin for sorting out the venue and Happy Jack and obbm (Dave) for all their input in the planning stages..

Here's to the 10th SE Bash next year! :)

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1443296485' post='2873714']
Home now, have unloaded the car and just have time to watch a bit of the Rugby before going out to see a band.

Got to say that I thought it was a great day today and thanks to everyone for coming and getting involved and supporting! We've raised quite a few quid according to Hamster ( Colin), but more about that later.. :)

I'd really want to thank Andrew from D'Addario UK, Robert van den Linden from Blade/Levinson guitars, Roger ('bassace), Lozz (Lozz196) and Trevor (TrevorR) for giving their time and expertise in the various talks and workshops today, and also to Paul from the Junkyard Dogs for keeping the groove going in the Jam Room.

And a huge thanks to Mrs Hamster (Sarah) for taking care of us all so well with the refreshments!! Certainly kept me going through the day, that's for sure.

Big thanks also to bluejay (Silvia) for keeping the thread up to date and taking care of the social media side of things, including recording everything today.. It really makes a difference!

Lastly, thanks to Colin for sorting out the venue and Happy Jack and obbm (Dave) for all their input in the planning stages..

Here's to the 10th SE Bash next year! :)
[/quote]

And the biggest thank you to Nik himself, who did much of the organisation and most of the legwork for the event. It was a brilliant day. Very well attended, at least 50 people but probably more, and extremely interesting talks. I've got over 30GB of data to wade through, sort, select and condense for publication in due course.

And next year, the 10th anniversary, will have to be absolutely special! :)

Edited by bluejay

Hey all,

The slides from the Wal talk are uploaded here http://basschat.co.uk/uploads/monthly_09_2015/post-38200-0-04971000-1443297331.ipb

And some more info, links and suggested Wal listening tips are here: http://basschat.co.uk/topic/270217-wal-bass-talk-slides-from-the-bass-bash-today/

Looking forward to reading Bluejay's blog on the day in due course...

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1443297620' post='2873723']
Yes. Lozz will finally sort out which bass is best for metal, once and for all!
[/quote]

And without a doubt it won`t be one of my own, as my gear always polls last in the these shoot-out events :angry:

(Sam here) Huge thanks to everyone for this! if I could have stayed longer I would've, hopefully next year I'll be able to stick it out to the end. Thanks to all of you for making me feel at home as one of two guitarists in a sea of bass. Great experience, great people, couldn't ask for better!

Edited by Kankaris

Another successful bash, totally enjoyed the day (even if I did spend much of it in the Jam Room - oops, sorry! ;) ).
Much thanks to all the folks who put it all together, especially the dynamic duo, Nik and Colin.
See you all next year for the 10th anniversary bash. :)