Why become a member? ×

Isnt it nice to meet BC members for real?

witterth

I happened on "Tricky" at a rehearsal studio on Thursday night and generally shot the breeze with him,WOW! the man knows his Sh*T . its nice to meet people face to face innit? and have that BC connection. rehearsal was delayed while we chatted and he helped me out with an acoustic guitar loan for part the evening which (I'd guess) he probably wouldn't have done if it weren't for this place. what a truly nice gentleman. just saying is all. any other happy encounters? why doesn't my "enter/space bar" work BTW?

[quote name='witterth' timestamp='1389458977' post='2334391']...any other happy encounters?...[/quote]

After some fair number of PM exchanges, I finally got to meet Martin (itsat34...) when he went to the immense trouble of delivering 'Giggles' to France. Giggles..? No..? You've not followed that story..? It's an H&H 2 x 15 folded horn bass cab. Why Giggles..? That's the reaction Martin got from folks every time he ask them to help lift it. Heavy..? [i]Giggles[/i]... :lol: Somewhat. :mellow:
An excellent encounter, a fine transaction and a great cab which sounds sublime. Yes, I confirm; this place is great.

It's always a pleasure and an honour to meet other BC members, I always have a great time at the bass bashes, and meeting BCers at gigs. For all the impressions of Off Topic being a tricky place and not for the faint-hearted, if you meet your 'opponents' in real life you'll find they are all lovely people.

Nice thread witterth :)

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1389460813' post='2334410']
the more basschatters I meet the more i realise I'm a really bad bass player...
[/quote]

This +many thousands!

In all fairness, I'm not surprised the people from here that I meet are nice.

A, They're bass players. I've never met one I didn't like be it from here, or randomly at/after a gig, or in the workplace.

B, I'm usually handing over a pile of cash in return for decluttering their home. :D

Xilddx is someone I always thought I'd bump into in Camden town on his way to a gig! do you know what I mean? I hope that happens one day.( I want to shake that man by the hand having heard him play) we all chat but rarely meet up but when it happens unexpectedly its a great little moment. (those of you who know, for instance, MB1 will know what a great bass moment that is... he REALLY knows his stuff but I consider him a good friend anyway) any one else you think you'd like to meet ? keep it positive please! Ha!!

Edited by witterth

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1389462537' post='2334436']
The only one I've met so far is Gust0o.

Thoroughly nice chap and built like an outhouse. :)
[/quote]

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1389463173' post='2334450']
Aw, you say the nicest things! :lol:
[/quote]

I must have heard that one wrong. I was convinced you said he was a Sh*thouse.

Yes indeed. I've been lucky enough to meet a fair few at various bass bashes - lovely guys and gals, all of them.
I've also been to a couple of gigs/jams and seen a few of the lads playing in earnest - gjones, BarneyG and KevB. Each one an inspiration. :-)
Not to mention Steve Lawson of course.

I've met about half a dozen now, and each time it was to sell gear, and would wholeheartedly agree with all the above. Its just a shame life is hectic and busy for the most part, and we are all over the place geographically.

I would love to meet sooooo many more of 'us' that I have exchanged comms with, and continue to communicate with on a regular basis, but they are far and wide.....shame innit?

Yep! Although I haven't managed to get to any bashes yet, I have made several meets at motorway services, stations etc. & quite a few have made the journey down South to mine.

Every one has been a pleasure to meet, their partners too. I look forward to meeting many more in the not so distant future.

Cheers, John