Why become a member? ×

People Of Earth, Greetings!

thebasswhisperer

Howdy from Texas y'all. Actually, I'm not really all that proud to be living in Texas... I'm surrounded by 26 million morons, but within the Austin City Limits... all is groovy. I thought I'd join up here as I'm hoping to expand the UK audience for my [url="http://www.youtube.com/bassguitarmag"]Bass Whisperer video channel on Youtube[/url]. I figured since I'm almost fluent in the language, it would be a good idea to reach out...

Things are getting pretty busy for me in the demo department these days, I've got a thing going with G&L to shoot several of their basses, and I just put up demos for AER, Seymour Duncan, and Eastwood Guitars recently. I'll have a bunch of cool items coming up soon.

My goal is to capture the gear the way you'll hear it, explain all the ins and outs, features, and design elements, and hopefully inspire you to buy it! I'm also there to answer questions - if I can. Please take a look at the channel, subscribe, comment, ask questions, etc.

Originally, I did this work for Guitar World mag, and while it was a valuable training experience, I did not always have a say in the items I would shoot. These days, I only accept instruments, and gear that I personally want to play. Considering the time involved in making a decent quality video, and the relatively low hourly wage I can eek out of what I get paid (yes, this is a job, not a hobby), I decided I might as well LOVE what I'm shooting and get to keep it. So, don't think of my work as a "review," it's a demo. My opinions are not un-biased, if I'm shooting a demo, you can assume that I like the featured piece. I will no longer bother with junk, only top gear that I am personally into playing.

I'm also a relatively smart guy regarding music and such... I'm alway open to questions about theory, jazz, improv, whatever...

I'm super busy online, but I will try to maintain a presence here... but if I don't respond to your questions quickly, don't give up, I'll get to them. Thanks!

Hi Ed, welcome to Basschat.

[quote name='thebasswhisperer' timestamp='1385746328' post='2291831']
My opinions are not un-biased, if I'm shooting a demo, you can assume that I like the featured piece. I will no longer bother with junk, only top gear that I am personally into playing.
[/quote]

Is that why you manage to make everything sound pretty good?