Why become a member? ×

If cost was no object, which bass?

AM1

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1382303518' post='2250510']
And the interesting thing is neither bass was originally made for the person that now owns it.
[/quote]

Actually I bought mine new from Simon at GUS and have been the only owner. It was made to the specs of a Brazillian bass player but not for him. I saw it in Simon's workshop just after it had been reviewed in BGM and just had to have it straight away. Credit cards - wonderful things ...........
Hoping I can one day afford to buy your fretless GUS G3 from you :)

Interesting theme. I'd love to add a Wal and a couple of old Fenders (P and J) to my list. But ultimately I haven't found the higher the price tag the better the bass - I've played good and bad at all price points. Big fan of all Japanese stuff too like Paul S above..

The bass that I'd want doesn't exist, and I don't even know whether Spector would make it! But if I had the money, it would be a Spector NS-2 with the Doug Wimbish sized neck (jazz nut, slim profile), but in a 30.5" scale. And electronics would be MEC p/j pickups with 2 band EQ.

So basically, the moon on a stick!

Oh yeah, and even if Spector would make it, it would probably cost about £6k :(

Edited by Evil Undead