Why become a member? ×

If cost was no object, which bass?

AM1

I already own mine:

I was interested in Gus Guitars since I first saw photos of the early prototypes in a musical instrument publication some time in the 80s, and decided that if I ever had the money and there was a bass version that would be the instrument for me. I wasn't wrong. It doesn't do everything, but then I have fairly eclectic tastes in music and there is no one instrument that does it all for me. However for a fretted stringed instrument in the bass range this one comes closer than any other.

Edited by BigRedX

I'm very happy with what I've got, but I'd quite like a 1963 P Bass, sunburst/tort/rosewood. All original w/case. Clay dots, etc. etc.
Even though I don't like sunburst. Or tort. Or rosewood... and an Ampeg SVT CL/Classic 8X10. And someone to carry it all.

See? If money was no object I'd be wasting it left right and centre. :)

[quote name='AntLockyer' timestamp='1382299023' post='2250416']
Very tricky. Something versatile probably. Maybe a BB2024x but then again I'd like a fender CS
[/quote]

Oooh, maybe a sunburst maple-boarded 2024X. That'd be nice, too.

[quote name='6feet7' timestamp='1382301606' post='2250479']
I've already got mine too - a GUS G3 Active Retro
No other bass feels 'so right' when strapped on - everything else just looks the same as every other bass or guitar made in the last 60 years.
[/quote]

They're common as muck around here - two on this thread already..... :D

Dunno, maybe a 5 string unlined fretless Jazz with two humbuckers (but switchable between single coil and humbucking) and a John East pre.
Swamp ash body , maple neck, ebony fingerboard, tort plate and olympic white finish.

Not that I've given it MUCH thought.

Pretty please...