Why become a member? ×

Gig in 3 hours, and...

Gust0o

... my back "popped" this afternoon. Not quite the same as when I slipped a disc, but enough to fell me. Spent the afternoon on the floor, thanfully with my work Blackberry to hand, whilst waiting for the wife to come and scrape me up :)

I now have a walking stick, courtesy of the kind folks on my street.

I'm not feeling the love for this gig, mind. I think I might have to play sitting down, not very rock and roll! Not a hope of being able to cancel with this notice, and my GP unable to see me until the end of the week. I'm suspecting I will be signed off, again, and sent off for physio.

I'll let you know how I get on / how stupid I have been to try it injured / how I survive!

I know how you feel (lying on the floor trying to straighten my back as I read about yours) except I haven't got any gigs coming up, never mind one tonight! I fully recommend a pocketful of Tramadol and a nice light Hofner as the way forward!
Best of luck with the gig man and who cares if you play it sat down? I say you're totally rock'n'roll for actually turning up in your condition! Respec'! ;)

Sympathies Gus.

Agree with white Cloud, just by pass the G.P. unless of course, it's a pre existing condition that you know requires the G.P.

Did the same a couple of years back. There I was gently raking the lawn, when I twisted slightly and Oh My Word, Immediate seizure somewhere in my back, followed by pain that radiated out to EVERYWHERE. Had to crawl back in to the house, feeling very sorry for myself.

One session with a physio the next day got me sorted :)

My lawn is now a haven for moss.

I sympathize with the whole "can't get up thing".

In an uncharacteristic rush of blood to the head, I did a "last number jump off the stage" thing at a gig a few months ago. The stage was slightly higher than I'd calculated, meaning I was moving forward as I landed and couldn't get my trailing leg out quick enough. Over I went into a sudo-parachute roll, in a vain attempt to protect my bass, and ended up exactly like Mr Tuffnal, on my back unable to leverage myself up as i was trying not to mess the bass line up.

Cue the indignity of having to be helped up by two of the audience.

Still, apparently I didn't miss a note. What a pro.

#couldadonethat20yearsago
#toooldforrocknroll
#knowyourlimitsoldfella

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1375200610' post='2158046']
All I can think of now is this:

[url="http://youtu.be/ikHQT6mluhk?t=9s"]http://youtu.be/ikHQT6mluhk?t=9s[/url]

Good luck :-)
[/quote]

Oops I'm at it too: exacerbated a "must have slept on it funny" left shoulder by playing badminton last night. Festival gig in 3 days, tent to put up tomorrow. Feeling a bit better today thanks to ibuprofen and some massage so hopefully it'll all calm down in time.