Why become a member? ×

What you do during Eurovision

Owencf

While someone else watches it?
im not one who watches music gatherings on the screen, id rather go see em live.

I put on Alien or some old good loud movie and practice

not to mention the amount of mass produced rubbish thrust upon us by the likes of X-factor, the Voice....Idol <_<.

I was also mildly irritated by a major music retailer today when i was asking for something a little off the mainstream
and was given a blank face followed by the remark "they cant be too good if we dont have them"... you have a plethora of sh*tty boy bands, hmm [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?&app=forums&module=extras&section=legends#"] :dash1:[/url]
Why do i bother using highstreet retailers.

Did a dep :) ...........to about three people :(

Completely forgot the words to 'All Right Now' ... AGAIN ... having taken it and known them in the shower this morning. One day I'll learn'em.

Ah well, if the rig sounded as awesome out front as it did where I was stood I don't really care. A gig's a gig & the three seemed to be enjoying themselves.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1368946067' post='2083198']
What do you do during Eurovision?

1. Fuelled by your choice of recreational drugs you enjoy it for the hilariously over-the-top camp spectacle that it is.

2. Ignore it completely and get on with writing some new songs for your band.
[/quote]

1,using M&Ms

I LOVE Eurovision in all it's cheesy, predictable, camp glory :D

Every year, we make sure we've had tea before it starts and then we watch getting gradually more lubricated with alcohol until we can barely say our own names by the voting :P

I am amazed that we are up and don't have hangovers this morning (although in fairness, age is getting to us, and we didn't drink as much as usual last night and had switched onto soft drinks at the end of the songs!)

At least a worthy winner won this year, I liked the Danish entry :D

Agree with RhysP and Roland Rock - presenter was excellent, as was her song.

I do try to watch it, largely because a few years ago on another internet forum we had about ten people from around Europe doing a live commentary thread, and it was hugely entertaining. It was repeated for a couple of years, but as folk dropped off the radar it became less fun. Also as the kids are getting older and going to bed later I can't guarantee to see it from the beginning with the necessary alcohol.

France had a good song and performer last night. There weren't as many short dresses as I'm used to. I was looking forward to the Irish performance after Graham Norton mentioned baby oil and dancers, but they turned out to be male dancers. Ho hum.