Why become a member? ×

I got the gig!!

Bilbo

I have complained a lot on here about not having enough gigs (after I dumped a lucrative but fundamentally unsatisfying gig a couple of years ago). After a lot of wheeling and dealing and ducking and diving, a drummer friend and I have managed to secure the support of a local venue in bringing some decent Jazz to Felixstowe. The newly refurbished Fludyer's Hotel on Cobbold Road is going to host our 'Jazz East' project and put on the following:

June 16th John Etheridge (Soft Machine, Stephane Grapelli)
June 23rd Julian Siegal/Andy Watson
June 30th Jim Mullen (Average White Band, Kokomo)
July 7th Gareth Lockrane
July 14th Nigel Price/Vasilis Xenopoulos
July 21st Martin Speake (ECM recording artist)

All with Russ Morgan on drums and me on Double Bass!!! My CV is going to flip!! More interestingly, the good (musically) gigs I am getting has improved also and I am now enjoying everything I do. Feels good.

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1366836348' post='2057997']
Where is that 'like' button
[/quote]

Here you go, mate:

[URL=http://s1170.photobucket.com/user/basstractor1/media/Schroumldingerlike_zpsd2181cc5.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r525/basstractor1/Schroumldingerlike_zpsd2181cc5.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Holy Kermoly, Bilbo! That's a pretty stellar line-up there - your craftiness and powers of persuasion must be without limit.

My congratulations on your splendid endeavour. May it thrive like a thrivey thing. :) :)

[color=#FFFFFF] [/color]
[color=#FFFFFF].[/color]

Edited by skankdelvar