Why become a member? ×

how long should I wait before I start asking for moderator help?

alyctes

Aaaand, result :) :) :)

Bass arrived today, well packaged and looking good. A look at the electrics and trussrod will have to wait till tonight, but it's here and looking quite pretty :)

Thanks again to Johngh for his efforts, and to everyone here who offered. It's very nice to be part of a community :) :blush:

A tricky situation... an interesting set of discussions (and diversions) and a happy ending - not quite up there with the Talkbass "Shell Pink 1962 Jazz Bass" episode... but still, what more could you ask for.

Well done to everyone involved - especially the BC members responsible for getting an amicable resolution.

Edited by Fuzzbass2000

[quote name='Fuzzbass2000' timestamp='1360070192' post='1964290']
A tricky situation... an interesting set of discussions (and diversions) and a happy ending - not quite up there with the Talkbass "Shell Pink 1962 Jazz Bass" episode... but still, what more could you ask for.

Well done to everyone involved - especially the BC members responsible for getting an amicable resolution.
[/quote] I think we would all have to take lots of pills and chain ourselves to our computers or something to get anywhere near the shell pink thread!

[quote name='Voodoosnake' timestamp='1360073691' post='1964367']
Guys, I'm so impressed with how this has been handled.

Pat on the back to you all. Its a great place is this!!

Col
[/quote]
Yep, more often than not I am very impressed by BCers being what I wish everyone else was, decent human beings. Group hug y'all :)

[quote name='Voodoosnake' timestamp='1360073691' post='1964367']
Guys, I'm so impressed with how this has been handled.

Pat on the back to you all. Its a great place is this!!

Col
[/quote]

+1.... Great example of bringing a difficult situation to a satisfactory resolution.

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1360091027' post='1964746']
+1, or none of this [i]ever[/i] happened ;)
[/quote]

Haha!

We need a pic of the OP and the seller shaking hands, both grinning into the camera as the bass is handed over with Johngh standing behind them with his arms embracing both, smiling in a fatherly way.

Then we know it all happened!

Edited by 4 Strings

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1359827199' post='1960895']
It's only because Cameron Toll feels very dry and cold. ;)
[/quote]

Cameron Toll, eh? I used to rehearse out that way, back in the day, just behind the USS Savacentre!

Glad this issue was solved, though. Sounded like it was going down the infamous Warwick Vampyre route!

I can't agree that this ended "well".
This ended with the man who paid up front a month ago, just getting what he paid for after loads of hassle worry and doubt.
Naturally it's good the bass finally arrived, but so it bloody should have a long time ago.
I would not have been so forgiving, domestic problems or not.
A text, mail, message or call, takes seconds.
Call me old fashioned.

Having just read thought this thread i tend to agree with the old fashioned bloke.
Yes, its a good outcome for the OP, but it should be remembered that the other bloke had been on here more than once without any contact with the OP, knew what was going on as he had been messaged by a Mod and ignored it. He gave the OP a hard time and if not for the wonderful help of a few people on here the OP might never have got his bass.

There is no excuse for not keeping comms open, and the fact that he had visited BC on a few occasions tells me he could have got in touch if he had wanted to.

Yep, im old fashioned as well.

PS. I do hope there is nothing too serious with the guy, in not completely without feeling, but there is no excuse for his actions (or lack of them) IMO.

[quote name='Monckyman' timestamp='1360521768' post='1971711']
I can't agree that this ended "well".
This ended with the man who paid up front a month ago, just getting what he paid for after loads of hassle worry and doubt.
Naturally it's good the bass finally arrived, but so it bloody should have a long time ago.
I would not have been so forgiving, domestic problems or not.
A text, mail, message or call, takes seconds.
Call me old fashioned.
[/quote]
[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1360526575' post='1971858']
Having just read thought this thread i tend to agree with the old fashioned bloke.
Yes, its a good outcome for the OP, but it should be remembered that the other bloke had been on here more than once without any contact with the OP, knew what was going on as he had been messaged by a Mod and ignored it. He gave the OP a hard time and if not for the wonderful help of a few people on here the OP might never have got his bass.

There is no excuse for not keeping comms open, and the fact that he had visited BC on a few occasions tells me he could have got in touch if he had wanted to.

Yep, im old fashioned as well.

PS. I do hope there is nothing too serious with the guy, in not completely without feeling, but there is no excuse for his actions (or lack of them) IMO.
[/quote]

I'm also happy this has ended well and the buyer now has his bass but I also agree with the quoted posts.
Circumstances might make difficult sending a long PM explaining what's going on but a short message saying something or providing a contact number doesn't take long.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1360527442' post='1971882']
To be fair, we don't know what's gone on behind the scenes. Presumably the OP does, and he seems happy enough, so maybe it can be filed under 'extenuating circumstances'.

Forgiveness is one of the more pleasant human traits.
[/quote]
I agree, its done and dusted. What i cant get over though is that the guy had visited BC a few times during this time. The only thing i can think of is that he forgot how to type :rolleyes: .