Why become a member? ×

which idiot has broken his left wrist? :(

stingrayPete1977

just bought a shuttle max 9.2 and got a great new band started, really excited then stuck my arm in an electric fan heater got a massive shock (ten times worse than any as a sparky for nearly 20 years) then smashed my wrist around inside until i managed to pull the fuse myself with my other hand! long and short ct scan next week to organise a plate and 2 bolts.

gutted :(

gutted for you dude, i broke my wrist earlier in the year and have 2 screws holding it together. I never thought it would be the same again but if your a good boy and do what the doctors tell you and do your phsio you will make a good recovery, its been 6 months since mine broke and it honestly feels as strong as it did before. Good Luck and don't despair, get well soon.
Jason

Yowza. Thats sounds horrid! Hope it sorts itself quickly. FWIW, I fell down some stairs two weeks before my first ever gig on double bass (a couple of years back) and broke two metacarpals and dislocated/broke two fingers. Perhaps rashly I took the bandages/strappings off and played the gig. It can be done! Bloody hurt afterwards mind ... :o Anyways, rest, anti-inflammatories, ice and strapping and your Stingray playing days should return quickly B)

Hope it heals quickly. Voice of experience (just "celebrated" the anniversary of my break) says "do the bloody exercises that the physios give you", seriously it'll pay in the long run.

During my enforced silence I relearnt to play the moothie. Another alternative would be to start play a synth and keep playing all those bass lines.

Steve

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1353180678' post='1872550']
just bought a shuttle max 9.2 and got a great new band started, really excited then stuck my arm in an electric fan heater got a massive shock (ten times worse than any as a sparky for nearly 20 years) then smashed my wrist around inside until i managed to pull the fuse myself with my other hand! long and short ct scan next week to organise a plate and 2 bolts.

gutted :(
[/quote]

It's a good story Pete, but come on, admit it. You dropped your wallet on your wrist didn't you ?

ouch!! :o :(

but glad that you are ok otherwise.

I hope it doesn't take too long for you to recover... and like others said: (mum mode on) do your exercises as the physio says! (mum mode off)

Hey, if you are afraid your preEB will suffer not being played while you recover, I'd be happy to sacrifice myself to help a friend and I would step in to make sure it gets some action ;)