which idiot has broken his left wrist? :(

stingrayPete1977

[quote name='Samashton12' timestamp='1373142178' post='2134157']
Broken right hand on Monday night!

Family troubles man, i snapped and punched a wall. :(

In a splint and fingers taped up.

Get well soon!
[/quote]

That's not nice, but I think pete's is a little more serious than that. All the best with getting your hand healed up though :)

smashed broken and mangled or just worn out over time its all the same and ruins our bass playing! Hope it fixes soon Samashton.

I dont think it has failed as such Milty, it may have been that far through when they did it or maybe the bone has shrunk back a few mm after the healing, either way its defo poking the sharp end out at 45 degrees into the wrist joint. I was happy enough to leave the plate in but it does cause me trouble as I can feel the tendons running over it and it hurts when the humidity changes in either direction so even if the screw is not causing all my problems it should solve some of them. How's the leg anyway? :)

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1373150693' post='2134244']
smashed broken and mangled or just worn out over time its all the same and ruins our bass playing! Hope it fixes soon Samashton.

I dont think it has failed as such Milty, it may have been that far through when they did it or maybe the bone has shrunk back a few mm after the healing, either way its defo poking the sharp end out at 45 degrees into the wrist joint. I was happy enough to leave the plate in but it does cause me trouble as I can feel the tendons running over it and it hurts when the humidity changes in either direction so even if the screw is not causing all my problems it should solve some of them. How's the leg anyway? :)
[/quote]

So it's actually fine as it is then? I could imagine it's quite uncomfortable.

Well I've kinda just spent the last 3 days phoning doctors, and earlier today, I went back to the hospital to get a surgeon's opinion on the situation. There's an infection in the leg, along with a collection of various fluids, so it's very swollen, and very sore. But anyway, this is your thread :)

• 2 months later...

Well here I am again folks! Had the plate and 5 screws removed yesterday after the bone had retracted down revealing the tip of at least one of the diagonal screws right into the wrist joint. I now have effectively 5 fractures in the first 4 inches of my radius :D

[URL=http://s997.photobucket.com/user/stingraypete/media/FB_IMG_13794248816243618_zpsd3128b77.jpg.html][IMG]http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af100/stingraypete/FB_IMG_13794248816243618_zpsd3128b77.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Dolly the Double bass looking on wondering why she has not been played for a couple of days and counting.

[quote name='Bassman Sam' timestamp='1379523177' post='2213688']

I'm doing well Pete. Still getting used to the restricted movement but getting there.
[/quote]that's good news mate :)
[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1379524376' post='2213704']
Ah that must be a pain Pete! Did they at least let you have some morphine home with you? To eh... "kill the pain"? :D
[/quote] didn't even give me any free paracetamol!
[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1379524622' post='2213712']

OK! OK! OK! I take it you aren't going out the house at the moment then?
[/quote] A Team box set getting a beating.