Why become a member? ×

which idiot has broken his left wrist? :(

stingrayPete1977

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1355917627' post='1904361']
Toys are always for the win!-fact (got the -fact thing from another thread it is my new favourite!)
Pies are also good but ex alike was wierd :lol:
[/quote]

You reckon I should make the purchase then?! If I spend big tomorrow, it's on the cards I think :P My bank account is quaking!

My ex was never that sh1t getting a Pepsi.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1355918141' post='1904375']
Cheers mate it is quite swollen your right, I have a splint to wear but the doctor said to take it off when watching tv etc a try and wiggle my wrist until I get sorted with some proper physio.
[/quote]

hmm, yeah. Let us know how physic goes when you get to that stage. Have you got an appointment for it yet?

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1355918222' post='1904379']
You reckon I should make the purchase then?! If I spend big tomorrow, it's on the cards I think :P My bank account is quaking!

My ex was never that sh1t getting a Pepsi.
[/quote] I bet it is, only you can tell if its going to suit you dude let me know as soon as you set off to Bernies. Pepsi wait was shocking although she was freaked out by the staring!
[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1355918241' post='1904380']
hmm, yeah. Let us know how physic goes when you get to that stage. Have you got an appointment for it yet?
[/quote] No they are going to call me but there is a private place in the village where I live (what are the chances of that?) so I might book a few sessions there if needs be, cant really put a cost on things like this can you?

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1355918719' post='1904390']

No they are going to call me but there is a private place in the village where I live (what are the chances of that?) so I might book a few sessions there if needs be, cant really put a cost on things like this can you?
[/quote]

Indeed you can't put a price on your health!

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1355918719' post='1904390']
I bet it is, only you can tell if its going to suit you dude let me know as soon as you set off to Bernies. Pepsi wait was shocking although she was freaked out by the staring!
[/quote]

Yeah, shall give you a call on the way down after I called in to see them. Shall give you the low down and my thoughts. Quite looking forward to it now! Picking up my white Hiscox too - will look ace with my bass.

The great thing about knowing the staff at an establishment is that I could get served. Take the Parasite for example, for somebody who normally has no bar presence, I could get served straight away. I couldn't get over the likeness anyway - I don't know who was more freaked, her or me! Ha ha.

I think as well as geek meet, we should add a regular pie night to our diaries!

I'm thinking I should give my Yamaha some Sharpie art... what you reckon? I'll start a thread...

Edited by EBS_freak

[url="https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=guitar+sharpie&hl=en&tbo=u&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=W7HRUPuRE8rB0gWdy4GoBg&ved=0CDgQsAQ&biw=1920&bih=1028"]https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=guitar+sharpie&hl=en&tbo=u&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=W7HRUPuRE8rB0gWdy4GoBg&ved=0CDgQsAQ&biw=1920&bih=1028[/url]

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1355920040' post='1904433']
As long as you never want to sell it!

This parcel is going to turn up while I am out, all the neighbours are out too!
[/quote]

It's my danger bass - and it's about time I had another project isn't it? A finish can't give me as many nightmares as the last project surely...? (Famous last words!).

Parcels - always the way... and then there is a monster trip to the depot when you miss them by 5 minutes.

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1355915396' post='1904290']
I really want an upright. Not convinced there are enough upright-bass friendly gigs in Edinburgh for two of us though---how's about you take odd weeks and I take even weeks? :lol:
[/quote]

I doubt I'd be brave to try to gig with one for quite a while, so you'd be safe.
I tried playing a fretless live, and that was scary enough at first. The upright will require an extra dose of testosterone for me. :P

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1355925902' post='1904554']
I cant even play a fretless so I cant see me gigging with it anytime soon! I am watching the front door like a hawk now, what is they say ..... a watched pot never boils :)

Managed to get to the job and home with no calling card on the mat though so fingers crossed................
[/quote]

Ha ha. You knows it.

So... what's next on the Thomann's order list? Lights? You want to jump on my order? I've currently got over 10k in my Thomann's shopping cart :mellow:

Ha you know what my wife would say! I do fancy a bow and they do a carbon one which I am told is the only budget option (Db world now folks carbon is budget!) and some strings maybe if I need them but its going to be a january order if not after (you know me I am lying I will be buying stuff by the weekend). :)

Yeah - mine will be a January order... I don't want stuff in the post over Christmas.

I want 4x of these... [url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/clay_paky_sharpy_moving_head.htm"]http://www.thomann.de/gb/clay_paky_sharpy_moving_head.htm[/url]

Not going to happen right now...

• 1 month later...

Here you go then, been back for a checkup today and remembered to get a picture of the xray for you all to see :D

[IMG]http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af100/stingraypete/20130128_154857.jpg[/IMG]

The doctor on duty today has suggested that I may have more permanent restriction of movement than they first thought due to the fact in his words "its very distal" hence the plate wrapping up and over the end of the bone, it is more clear from the side view which I will try and photograph next time! :(