Why become a member? ×

Utterly gutted, quit the band last night

Clarky

I'd start your own band mate, that way you get to call the shots. Having said that, given the trouble we're having with drummers, I'm tempted to take up drums and invite you to take my DB seat in the band.

C

PS not joking :mellow:

Edited by Beedster

It`s a horrible feeling, sitting there wondering if you could have prevented it in some way and that it could all have gone differently if only...
But, sh*t happens and you just have to make the most of the opportunities coming your way.
Like you said, you must have learned a shed load of stuff about amplifying double basses in a massive band,(something most of us will never experience),and you `ve experimented with a vast amount of equipment.None of this experience will be wasted.
Family time seems a great idea. You can`t do the muso stuff without the support of your family.
Summer is coming and I`m sure you`ll be posting Gig news soon, and buying more stuff you probably don`t need :)
luck.

Whoa - that was unexpected. I think everyone here knows how excited you were about the band so it's such a terrible shame band politics had to intervene. I think they're going to struggle to find someone as committed to the band as you were Clarky.

Make the most of it to spend more time with your family but keep your eye out for fresh opportunities. Jam nights can be a great way of keeping your name out there without having to commit to anything that might not fit in with your family life. The problem with just waiting for something to turn up is that it doesn't always pan out.

Chin up! Better things lie ahead. :)

So sorry to hear your news Clarky. I'm a bit late to this so much of what I might say has already been said.

I was a newbie DBer a few years ago too and after my first DB band fizzled painfully out, I ended up where I am now and couldn't be happier. I'm sure your doubling skills, enthusiasm and integrity will get you where you want to be. Just hang on to those callouses in the meantime!

Hi Clarky , sorry to hear about the band , I allways think '' was it me? '' so it always leaves you with a mixed up bag of emotions .
It took me about a year to find a new band , but I did try out numerous small projects in the time between , and met a few decent musicians on the way .
Best Wishes
Martin

Oh crapola, that's really sad tidings indeed! However, its better to out than be miserable in a band where there's a clique. Take all the positives you gained and get back on the horse. Don't be in a desperate rush as that might just lead to another bad situation, but it's all too easy to keep putting off getting started again and find that time has flown and you're a year down the road. Best of luck for the future.

It seems such a shame - this one was of the few bands I'd listened to on here that really seemed to have got something unique going and with a promising future. You were so proud of what you had achieved with them, and for it all to go tits up like this is not good. But I guess that is rock and roll - it isn't just the rich and famous that fall foul of personality clashes. Any feedback from other members of the band or is it one Lord and Master who tells everyone what to do?

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1329652029' post='1545286']
I heard back from them asking me to reconsider this morning but my mind is made up.
[/quote]
hey Clarky, sorry it didn't work out, I know you've invested a lot in that band on many levels. Is it not worth reconsidering if the underlying issues can be resolved? Whatever happens I'm sure it will work itself out for the better.
Cheers
G

Hi Gwilym, I always try to remember that the internet is open to all to read so I have been deliberately vague about the reasons, other than to mention that there's a group of three people who have known each other for decades and then there's me. Suffice it to say my reasons remain as valid today as yesterday. Its all very sad but onwards and upwards, both for me and separately for Rattlin Bone (who I genuinely believe have the potential to go places still)