Why become a member? ×

GAS-free?

mcgraham

Gas free at moment.
Bought my Overwater 6 fretless last year and GB Streamliner 600 & 2off Berg AE112 cabs this year.
Skint and nothing else i need at moment.

OR IS THERE ??? :) :) :lol:

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

Completely amp and cab gas-free. I love the sound and it will cope easily with anything I'm doing just now.

I'll never sell the Thunderbird and am loving the Blazer cos its got the Precision tone I'd been searching for for years.

Just bought an 8 string yesterday and already thinking about selling it. I really fancy one of those CV 50s Precisions now that they do them in a more eye-friendly colour. Anyone bored with theirs already and want to take a walk on the wild side with a swap?

• 3 years later...

GAS gets you in the end... it's devious and always finds a way, you are never truly free.

I am 100% with my bass, amp and cabs and utterly GAS free, so the GAS demon has moved on and got me thinking about guitar gear instead :blink: ... the bastard.

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1428649325' post='2743327']
Yes, I know the last contribution to this thread was 4 years ago :D

It's taken me a VERY long time to realise what I like and need to become GAS free :blush:

My name is Karl and I am GAS free :o :)
[/quote]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]So - 2 x P's, 2 x J's gets you GAS free? [/font][/color]

[quote name='Drax' timestamp='1428649606' post='2743330']
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]So - 2 x P's, 2 x J's gets you GAS free? [/font][/color]
[/quote]

Ah, bit sneaky you see.
FSR is a passive P/J with jazz neck.
Roadworn is jazz.
Dee Dee is a compensation white 70's P coz the 'Arry is literally too heavy.
La Cabronita is a Dusty Hill alike with a TV Jones pup.
I only NEED the 1st two, they cover all that I require in the two bands I'm in. But 2 isn't enough is it :blush: :lol:

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1428650647' post='2743343']
Ah, bit sneaky you see.
FSR is a passive P/J with jazz neck.
Roadworn is jazz.
Dee Dee is a compensation white 70's P coz the 'Arry is literally too heavy.
La Cabronita is a Dusty Hill alike with a TV Jones pup.
I only NEED the 1st two, they cover all that I require in the two bands I'm in. But 2 isn't enough is it :blush: :lol:
[/quote]

Prior to revisiting this thread I thought I was pretty GAS free at the moment.

I can see the familiar pattern - 2 basses I use regularly, and revolving door for basses I think I need but don't.

Finally realised the only bass I really want is one I'd already had for decades (and nothing else) until I joined BassChat, got GAS and sold it. I've been trying to find a bass like it for the last four years, but I can't. Naughty BassChat! :modspank:

But now it's available and I'm going for it. :) Reunion NBD thread in a week or two.

[quote name='Machines' timestamp='1302602630' post='1196625']
Hmm nah. I want a Ricky (Fireglo), a Precision and a Stingray. The Overwater is fantastic, but doesn't have the strong tonal characters of the others I want. Realistically, I won't be getting any of them because I won't have significant disposable income this year :(, Amp wise ? Been happy with the ABM for years...
[/quote]

So it's been almost exactly 4 years since this post and since then i've been through 10 basses (of which 4 remain) and bought a new amp. I am happy with nearly all of my basses currently and know the Lakland and Fender won't budge. I am going to sell the Spector soon though as despite efforts, 6 strings don't work for me (it took me 2 of them to realise).

I do still want a Stingray (a Sterling SUB will do), but not as phased about the Rick.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1428658905' post='2743429']
Finally realised the only bass I really want is one I'd already had for decades (and nothing else) until I joined BassChat, got GAS and sold it. I've been trying to find a bass like it for the last four years, but I can't. Naughty BassChat! :modspank:

But now it's available and I'm going for it. :) Reunion NBD thread in a week or two.
[/quote]

Looking forward to that! :D

We weren't gigging last weekend due to little drummer boy's hols.
Tonight the Dee Dee is getting baptised, at least for 1st set.
Hope I haven't spoken too soon :lol:

Pretty much gas free
I do hanker for a fiver once in a while but usually stop myself realising that I don't devote enough time/get enough time to practice anyway . I have a precision, acoustic and a stingray clone and it's enough
One day I will try fretless, eub, fiver etc

Mind you a really big stack would massively annoy my teenage son...

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1428665040' post='2743526']
but since I can make a case for needing them, that isn't GAS.
[/quote]
[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1428671865' post='2743640']
Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!

I'm making a note of that line. I may be using it ...
[/quote]

I need a boutique bass because the UK's small businesses need support to help us out of the global recession....