Why become a member? ×

GAS-free?

mcgraham

Yep, pretty much free. Things I actually need to replace at some point don't technically count as GAS though do they? Think money is actually why I'm GAS free, I can't afford to buy any more gear so why bother? especially as I pretty much nailed the sound I am after from the kit I've got.

nothing like getting so skint you have to sell basses to make you appreciate exactly what you NEED.

I am fully GAS free.

Got the Ric, and a J and P Classic Vibe.

I was actually thinking of selling one of the CV's - I love them both - but feel guilty having 3 basses....even though 2 cost less than £600 together.

Tone-wise, it's more than I'll ever need - got a solid amp set-up, and I've never GAS'd over amps anyway!

So I've kind of got reverse GAS, to sell rather than buy!

I run on GAS.

My GAS goes in cycles - I've been GASsing for a nice 6 stringer for a long time and now I've got one, I'm GASsing for something passive with 4 strings. I also want a nice combo for practising in my den, some better headphones and a Phil Jones Bass Buddy.

There is no end to it, just when you think you're GAS free, it comes back and bites you on the bum.

I think I am pretty well GAS free at the moment. I am gradually finding out what I like and don't like and the only bass I was very curious about (Fender Precision Lyte) I have just bought for a reasonable price (although it isn't in my dirty mitts yet). I'll probably be trading my exisiting Hohner B2A to a B2AD at some point but that doesn't count...

• 1 month later...

Hmm. I still have occasional GAS episodes, but I've learnt to be rational about it.

I'd love a cheap ply double bass set up for slap that I can take to dodgy cider pubs in Devon and not worry about it getting damaged, but I really don't have the room for it in my flat. I'd also like a Jazz in Olympic white with a tortie scratchplate, but as I don't play electric bass live at the moment (and rearly at home) I can't really justify it. I'd also have to move on my MM Sterling to make room for it, and I don't think I'm quite ready to do that yet.

[quote name='mcgraham' post='1236665' date='May 19 2011, 09:34 AM']Yea I was tempted by a new amp, but only for a change rather than out of any real desire. And I realised that I'd be bored of it in a week, particularly given how rare Berg IPs are and will remain.[/quote]

Same here. I didnt need one but after so long with one brand i thought it was time for a change.

Actually now i have sellers GAS as i need to shift the old amp and cab soon.

Well i must admit i would love another 3TSB/maple MIA Jazz but as thats way out of my price range im happy to go with what i have. Its a "would like" rather than "cant live without"

Amp's have never really interested me as far as changing them every now and then goes. I dont use amps at home so its only maybe 2 hours a week that i need one, and even at gigs i set and forget most of the time. I dont feel that amps are as personal as basses.

Its always nice to have a good, reliable one though, and i would think your set for life now Gareth (or at least until Aug lol)

Hows it all going with the new gear?

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1236690' date='May 19 2011, 09:53 AM']Well i must admit i would love another 3TSB/maple MIA Jazz but as thats way out of my price range im happy to go with what i have. Its a "would like" rather than "cant live without"

Amp's have never really interested me as far as changing them every now and then goes. I dont use amps at home so its only maybe 2 hours a week that i need one, and even at gigs i set and forget most of the time. I dont feel that amps are as personal as basses.

Its always nice to have a good, reliable one though, and i would think your set for life now Gareth (or at least until Aug lol)

Hows it all going with the new gear?[/quote]

Still waiting for my replacement 750 but its coming from TC directly. The SL900 is great...the new 3EQ is very nice.

Still got a fair bit im waiting on..

[quote name='mcgraham' post='1196608' date='Apr 12 2011, 10:44 AM']Tell me about it!.... no seriously, tell me about it! :)[/quote]
I've been looking at retro surf style guitars...

Recently bought [url="http://www.hallmarkguitars.com/guitars/wing-bat.htm"]one of these[/url] and now looking for something with classic Mosrite styling and a vibrato.