Why become a member? ×

2011 Shopping List

ThomBassmonkey

I've been fairly settled for a while or I was until my smaller solid state rig blew & I had to replace it with the Orange Terror head. In turn this has me wanting to replace my Ampeg big rig with Orange cabs but common sense sould suggest I leave it... however common sense isn't as common as the name suggests!?!

Can't think of anything bass-related I particularly want - but as all GAS-sufferers know, it can strike suddenly and without any warning...

On the other hand I've been making a list of everything I have to sell - which is a hell of a lot. Unfortunately, none of it's on anyone's shopping list! :) :)

Jon.

I've been reasonably abstemious during 2010 (exept for a Phil Jones Super Flightcase) and I'm going to be cutting down on gigs during 11, so not a lot of dosh to spend. However I'm looking towards getting a QSC K10 powered speaker to go with my Headway and DPA mic on the double bass for the more intimate jazz gigs.

Good luck and best wishes to you all, especially the guys on this thread who will be playing their DBs.

Having just put a set of D`addario Chrome Flats that I was given on my one of my Precisions, I can probably state that I`m now a convert to The Flat-World, as such a few sets of these are likely to be on my shpping list.

I knew my earlier post stating I was trying to resist spending was too optimistic .

I've got two new instruments on order, at least one (and hopefully both) should be with me next year. But I'm also damn tempted to place an order for a Sei singlecut series 1 - been thinking about it for nearly a year now but really need to clear out some gear first as I have a few items I no longer really use - but I'm a hoarder by nature and boy it's hard to actually getaround to getting rid of anything.

EDIT: Oh and I also need to seriously look at getting together a fairly good recording set-up.

Edited by purpleblob

The gear I've got my eye on for next year is...

Spector Legend Custom 4 or 2nd hand Euro 4

New pickups (and possibly active preamp) for my Fernandes 5 string (as I've been trying to sell it for a year but no takers!, so might as well upgrade a few things on it)

New amp and cabs - 2nd hand Trace Elliot or Hartke LH500 or Peavey 450, not sure about what cabs to get at the mo'

Have come to the conclusion that the gear I had ten years ago is pretty much what I'm after now...doh.

And musically I'd like...

A new band

Some gigs would be nice!

Merry Xmas!

Dan

Edited by Bassmurf

total fantasy - an ACG build, Chapman stick
realistic - P-retro (for my 75P)
U retro 4 knob (for Warwick my $$5)
Barefaced Compact to go with my midget t
GB streamliner or Aggie TH500 or GB shuttle 9
Iron Ether, SFX, pedals