Why become a member? ×

Money no object...

Noisyjon

I'd have the setup I've got. LMIII + Barefaced Compact and US Standard Precision. Having gigged with it for the first time tonight I would say for all round sound and portability I can't think of anything that comes close.

There are probably megamoney rigs that sound as trouserflapping good, but nothing I could carry through a crowded bar, downstairs, through another crowded bar, then another 300 yards to the car, all in one trip and not be out of breath when I got there.

But maybe I'd have a custom shop Precision, probably a Pino cos I like the colour.

id go for......

Basses: My current main bass, Tung Wingbass 6 string, Shuker matching 6 and 7 strings and a Musicman Bongo 6 in egyptian smoke

Rack: Mesa Boogie Titan V12, rackmount strobe tuner, eventide ultra-harmoniser and a compressor of some description

Cabs: 2 Mesa powerhouse 1200 (1x15 in the middle, 4x10 drivers at the outer corners)

it would be reaaally good to have enough for that lot......

Hmmm, I like this thread...

Basses:

1. Alembic small standard custom Series II with a full facing in Walnut (cut from the piece that was used for 4000's Triple O - without doubt the most stunning piece of Walnut I've ever seen)

2. Alleva Coppolo LG4 Custom in Sonic Blue, bound and dots with a DN board

3. Fender Jazz vintage 1960 (original) in Olympic White

Amps (and effects):

1. Aguilar DB680

2. Aguilar DB728

3. Universal Audio LA-2A Compressor

Cabs:

1. Aguilar DB412

2. Aguilar DB810

3. Epifani ul310

Basses:

Lefty Lakland JO5 with maple board and blocks and bindings option;
Lefty Lakland DJ;
Lefty Lakland 55-94;
Lefty G&L L2500;
Lefty Rickenbacker 4003 (already in possession);
Lefty hollowbody (already in possession, an Italia Torino I like a LOT).
And of course I'd keep my Ibanez Musician and my Ibanez ATK's, and the MIJ '75 Jazz.

Amps:

EBS TD650;
EBS Proline 410;
EBS Proline 212;
Aguilar DB751;
Aguilar 412;
Ampeg B15N Portaflex fliptop combo.

* Mapleglo 4001, Walnut EB-3 with slot headstock, Gibson semi-hollow 4/6 doubleneck

* Big ol' SVT, Marshall Lead / Bass, Acoustic 370

* Ampeg 8x10, Marshall 2x15, Acoustic 301

..and get back to a 32" waist so I could wear the flappy bell-bottoms to go with this nostalgia fest

Edited by skankdelvar

Basses

A black Precision with maple board.
A white single pickup Thunderbird
A 4003 in jetglo.

Not bothered if they're 'vintage'

Amps

Trace AH1200 12 with a matching 4x10 and 1x15
The Marshall Lemmy head with 2 4x12's
A waterproofed Trace combo I could rest my pint on without worrying.

Wouldn't mind;

Vigier Passion or Arpege S2 (4 string)
A Ken Smith 5 or 6 of some sort
A BassLab L-Bow

Amps?
Dunno. All the solder would run out of them when they saw me coming, so it wouldn't matter.

Cabs?
Another Trace 1048h (Circa 1999) will do nicely. Can't seem to break those.

Edit for; EBMM Bongo V with coil switching and a matching headstock, Born2Rock JAZZ (which AFAIK doesn't exist, but it will!), Chapman stick (10 or the Graphite8) a NS EUB, a Spalt Hybrid.etc. etc.etc.

Edited by Lfalex v1.1

Hmmm, tough. Lots of stuff I'd like to own but not sure whether they would be used as part of a gigging setup. There is lots of stuff I'd like to have just for the sake of having it!

Basses: I would like a nice Fender Jazz bass
Some kind of 5 string
A fretless 4 string bass
Vigier Arpege 4 string or another Excess,

Amps: I would probably stick with the Fafner to honest. I would not say no to a Mesa Big Block 750 or Aguilar DB750 though!

Cabs: Probably the EBS 4x12 cab, though only if my unlimited funds extended to transport! Also tempted by the 1x18 matched with the 4x10 done by Trace Elliot, not mega expensive or 'boutique-cool' but I would be very confident that they would more than meet my needs.

Pedals: Any number of fuzz/overdrive pedals that I could try out.

I'm not really on the lookout for anything just now though. I've made my gear choices and might as well stick to them.

I'd have a custom rig. :)

1) Solid state/valve two input preamp with stereo effects loop, 4 band parametric eq, stereo line in and dual band compressor featuring
valve side: design based on Alembic preamp
solid state: design based on Radial Bassbone DI

2) Stereo valve power amp 2x400w based on Burman PA design (and a 1 unit Class D PA amp, but it wouldn't need to be custom)

3) two 1x15" + 1x6.5" + HF horn lightweight wedges with neo speakers (capable of being stacked vertically for larger stages)

Basses:

Steinberger graphite necked 5 string headless with chambered mahogany body and custom MM/split coil pickups, Noll 3 band buffered parametric eq.

Steinberger graphite necked 5 string headless, fretless, with chambered mahogany body and custom MM/split coil pickups, Noll 3 band buffered parametric eq.

Steinberger graphite necked 5 string headless with chambered alder body, passive and custom soapbar pickups.

Every graphite necked Alembic bass as I can find.
Every '96-'98 Spector NS5CR bass I can find in natural finish.
Alan Knight/Bill Nash PJ 5-string (alder body)
Celinder Update J 5-string (Victor Bailey tribute, mahogany body)
Celinder Update J 5-string fretless (mahogany body)
Status Kingbass II Stealth 5 headless with MM pickups
PreEB MM Stingray
Post EB MM Stingray 5 (blueburst with birdseye maple neck and fingerboard)
Shuker Headless 6
Shuker Headless 6 fretless (stainless steel fingerboard)

[b]Basses[/b]
All original 1960 Fender Jazz (a la Herbie Flowers)
Fender Slab Body 1960 Precision (in the famous Olympic White)
Custom spec Jazz Bass (Geddy Lee profile graphite neck, ebony board, alder body, olympic white over sunburst nitro finish, top of the range hardware and J-Retro pre)
Custom spec fretless Precision (spec as above but with fiesta red over sunburst nitro finish)
Warwick Custom Shop 4 String (based on Jack Bruce Cream Reunion Bass)
1960's Rickenbacker (McCartney replica)
Hand Carved Double Bass
Ned Steinberger CR Electric Double Bass

[b]Amps[/b]
Hiwatt Danny McCormack Signature 200w Bass Amp :)
Trace Elliot V8
Ampeg Portaflex

[b]Cabs[/b]
Full Ashdown Entwistle Rig
Custom Built 8x10
Custom Built 4x12 (Matching)
Custom Built 2x15 (Matching)

[b]Extras[/b]
A house in the countryside with a big workshop
Full set of luthier tools
A book cabinet full of luthier books
A place on a Jon Shuker course
A stack of wood and hardware!

I'd have a Ritter Roya 5 in some 9000 year old oak like this one...

[url="http://www.ritter-basses.com/ritter-basses---bilder/ritter-basses-history/0830/0830.jpg"]http://www.ritter-basses.com/ritter-basses...y/0830/0830.jpg[/url]
[url="http://www.ritter-basses.com/ritter-basses---bilder/ritter-basses-history/0830/0830-body.jpg"]http://www.ritter-basses.com/ritter-basses...0/0830-body.jpg[/url]

And also get something custom built by someone like Ritter to my own design.

Ampwise, probably a Markbass SD1200 or a MoMark into something built by one of our two cab designers on here.

Edit: Edited to edit an edit

Edited by xgsjx

[quote name='WarPig' post='570319' date='Aug 15 2009, 11:43 PM']Basses: 75' Fender Jazz, Natural with Maple neck and black blocks.[/quote]

I'd have one of those too - basically the 'real' version of my Squier VM Jazz

With unlimited funds I'd get a nice little collection going:

A custom shop flame-maple bodied, maple/ebony necked Warwick Thumb 5 string neck through with whatever the best MM type electronics are for a set up like a MM Sterling.

A nicely figured pommelle bodied Thumb 6 string

A Musicman Cutlass

A really nice vintage sunburst (is that Fireglow?) Rickenbacker 4001

A G&L ASAT in natural ash

An orginal Steinberger 'cricket bat'

A headless Status Stealth 5 string in black carbon weave with LEDs on the side of the neck.

A T-Bass 5 string

A 1957 Fender Precision in 2 tone burst with a gold anodised plate

And a Squier VM Jazz fretless as I wouldn't want to waste too much money trying out a fretless ;-)

Amp-wise I'd go for a Walkabout Scout and some sort of vintage Ampeg Portaflex combo.

I'd also get much needed bass lessons too.

Basses:
an '80s Warwick NT Thumb 5,
a custom '70s Fender Jazz-alike 4 (Walnut/Rosewood/blocks/binding/bullet truss rod/Delano Hybrid bridge pick-up/Bare Knuckle P pick-up).

Amps:
exactly what I have now but with a second Eden WT1000 power amp and two more Acme B2s (to give me a cross-firing double stack),
a vintage Matamp head to go with my Barefaced Compact.

Effects:
an Electro Harmonix Golden Throat talk box.

BASSES: Fender CS Pino Palladino, Shuker JJ Burnel, Sadowsky Ultra-vintage Jazz (must be Oly White)
AMPS/CABS*: Mesa Walkabout combo; Mesa Carbine 6; Mesa 400+; Mesa Walkabout extension cab; Mesa 2x15; Mesa 6x10

* ignores my dodgy back and assumes I have roadies!

Basses: Aside from a couple of Alembics and Wals, mainly custom made Warwick Thumbs, fretted and fretless.

Amps: Jonas Hellborg's Warwick stuff.

In fact, I'd try and pay Jonas for a couple of lessons because he is one of my all time favourite players. I still can't play Escape like he does!