Why become a member? ×

Im now with no bass.

bubinga5

I feel your pain. When my second marriage was falling apart and we had £45k of debt I had to sell my motorbike, 4 basses, 4 guitars, 2 drum kits, 3 keyboards and my collection of hand and stick drums. Got back in the game a couple of years later once I hammered the debt. Best of luck to you Bubinga 🤞

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Supernaut said:

I remember when I had to sell up and had no basses. 

I saved money and purchased another one. 

Don’t think the original post was begging for a bass. We’re part of a community and are happy to help. it’s sort of what (virtual) friends do.

• Like 9

I’ve always had at least one bass since the age of 17 (many moons ago), and can’t imagine being without, so you have my sympathies.

Life’s a big wheel though, sometimes you’re down in the mud, but then thing come back around.

Keep your chin up and your low end LOW Bubibga5, I have every faith in the kindness of the average Basschat member, and would offer you a bass to borrow myself if I were a few hundred miles closer.

• Like 1

Oh no! Sorry to hear this @bubinga5

I really hope your financial situation resolves itself asap.

Years ago, I stopped playing bass for almost 25 years (work, marriage, moving/ doing up house, having a kid, band members doing the same etc)

But even when I wasn't playing, I had a bass in its case, under the bed - and I'm so glad I did! Because one day, I just picked it up again.

A short break from playing may not be the worst thing of all... but I hope you can get something again soon - maybe something second hand and cheapish...

If you lived closer, I could loan you one for a bit.... 

Keep your chin up, look after yourself and hopefully, "normality" will be restored soon.

Marc

• Like 2

23 hours ago, bubinga5 said:

Well its come to that time that finances have hit so hard that I have had to sell my last bass. And my beloved Aguilar 212. Its really stinky poo because ive been playing bass for 28 years and I feel musically lost.

This might sound obvious but have you done all the charity shops local to you? I got one of my basses super cheap from a charity shop and a mate got a cheap Yamaha from one. Always worth a look, you might find something a lot cheaper than you think 👍

56 minutes ago, meterman said:

This might sound obvious but have you done all the charity shops local to you? I got one of my basses super cheap from a charity shop and a mate got a cheap Yamaha from one. Always worth a look, you might find something a lot cheaper than you think 👍

Now you mention it...

A friend of mine got an Ibanez SR for £75 from one of our (many) charity shops locally.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear @bubinga5 i thought things had picked up for you a few years back but obviously not.

I don't have any cheap basses these days but happy to let you have one i don't particularly use these days. Overwater J4 its not a Tanglewood but made by Chris himself) Its a nice enough bass to play.

More than happy to chip in to get you sorted out especially at this time of year.

You're not the first to be in this situation and certainly won't be the last.

Wishing you all the very best that things pick up for you soon.

Dave

• Like 4

It must be crap being without a bass. I can easily go a couple of weeks without even picking one up but whenever I get back to it I'm reminded of why I love it. Isn't that much the same for all of us? Hopefully your financial situation can be worked out. Are you working? Are you able to bang in a bit of overtime and earmark the cash specifically for a new bass? 

• Like 2

Basses probably aren't the most important things in your life and family will always come before basses. Its a difficult position to be in and i can't begin to understand how it feels to be in that position. I can only offer my best thoughts and wishes for a better 2024 for anyone in the same situation as @bubinga5.Here's hoping it finally picks up for you soon. 

Dave